Once again, the protagonist of this recipe will be the puff pastry, and since it is not if with this dough, we can make countless recipes, and whatever it is, it captivates us with its flavor and texture. Crunchy and sweet, as balanced as we like, are these arequipe and guava cakes.
When talking about paradise, I would refer to everything that had to do with puff pastry and its various preparations, such as sweet chicharrones, pastel Gloria, strudel, stuffed cakes, and many other recipes that captivate and satisfy our palate.
These arequipe cakes are ideal to accompany with a glass of milk. If you eat them fresh from the oven, you will love them much more.
What other fillings can we use for these arequipe cakes?
The filling for this cake is not only the arequipe or the guava paste, but you can also use a white chocolate filling or some salt, such as ham and cheese, or a filling with pineapple, blackberry. Choose the filling that you like the most.
In case it is for a party or meeting, then why not use all the fillings we have at our disposal, something simple but different, and you will see how all your guests will flatter those cupcakes.
On this occasion, we have decided to give it a triangular shape; you can call them cakes or handkerchiefs, or the name you like best, after all, the result is the same and the taste or talk. So I don't see why to think it over, and we better prepare these delicious arequipe cakes. Let's cook.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry.
- 2 tablespoons arequipe
- 2 tablespoons sweet guava.
- Wheat flour.
- White sugar.
- 1 beaten egg
- The puff pastry should be fresh or thawed; on a floured surface, place the puff pastry and, with the help of a roller, proceed to spread it.
- Remember, it spreads with the roller on both sides, already always flourishing flour. Be careful not to knead very hard so that the layers do not stick.
- Once this ben stretched, cut the dough into four squares, and on each place a spoonful of sweet guava or arequipe, in the whole center.
- Spread all the edges with the beaten egg and then fold the dough over the filling, from end to end, forming a triangle.
- Press the edges with the help of a fork to seal.
- Spread the top of each cake with more beaten egg and then sprinkle with sugar.
- Place the cakes in a baking tin covered with butter and bake at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and ready to eat.
Enjoy your meal!
I hope you enjoy these arequipe and guava cakes; you can also prepare Maria Luisa cake.Receta original en Español