Aromatic plants or herbs are an essential ingredient both in Colombian cuisine and worldwide. Its mission is to enhance and refine the flavors and aromas of our dishes, thus achieving a special touch. The most used in Colombian cuisine are:
It is an herb whose fruits are aromatic. Its frequent use is Latin America, India, etc. All parts are edible, but generally, fresh leaves used.
In our kitchen, cilantro serves to add flavor to soups, broths, or creams; it also gives flavor to sauces and vinaigrettes. For salads, it gives them smell and taste and thus breaking with the simplicity of the dish. Our grandmothers prepare coriander drinks to relieve some ills in the body. The benefits that are known to this herb are:
- It is an herb that can be used as an antibiotic to treat salmonella.
- Fight cholesterol.
- It is an ally against diabetes.
- It is a beneficial ingredient against the flu.
- It is robust against bad breath.
- Ideal for weight loss.
- It helps to treat conjunctivitis.
It is one of the most used herbs by all Colombians in their kitchens.
It is a plant that is usually grown as a condiment. Its green leaves are those used in cooking.
In our kitchen, it serves as an aromatic herb almost that, of any meal, it is an herb that entirely balances the flavors of the dish. One of the most traditional dishes containing parsley is the famous shrimp ceviche. The most prominent benefits of parsley are:
- Parsley contains vitamin K, which helps us to bone health, and its richness in vitamin C makes it an immune booster.
- It helps prevent kidney stones.
- It relieves joint pain since this herb contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is recommended for patients with anemia.
It is an herb used as a condiment. The parts used are bracts, both fresh and dried.
In our kitchen, it serves as a condiment of beef and chicken, as it provides a quite intense aroma and a purely delicious flavor. Also, it serves as a flavoring for some sauces. It is easy to identify the flavor. Its benefits are:
- It is an excellent ally against bacteria.
- Oregano can use for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders, menstrual cramps, earache, bronchitis, toothache, fatigue, muscle aches, allergies, fatigue, and headaches.
- It contains anti-cancer properties.
- It is a great anti-inflammatory.
It is a plant that is grown as a condiment, medicinal and ornamental plant.
In our kitchen, it serves as a great ally when preparing stews, barbecues, marinades, marinades, etc., due to its intense smell and its characteristic flavor, it is used both fresh and dry. Its benefits best known to us are:
- It can help us against infectious bacteria.
- It helps us against subtracting acne.
It is an aromatic shrub whose leaves are small and abundant, with a dark green color.
In our Colombian cuisine, rosemary serves to provide flavors and smells, both in meat and fish and vegetables. It has become a classic of some roasts and stews. The best-known benefits are:
- It is an ingredient that helps for memory, helping to protect against diseases such as Alzheimer's.
- It helps a lot with migraine problems.
- It is a natural antioxidant.
- It has antibacterial properties.
- It is widely used to relieve respiratory problems.
It is a bush whose leaves used as a condiment in the kitchen.
In our kitchen, it serves to give more flavor to soups, stews, and stews. We usually use them whole and remove them before serving. There are in some regions where the leaves are crushed or ground before cooking to taste the food better. Its most prominent benefits are:
- It contains antioxidant, antiseptic, and digestive properties.
- Fresh leaves are a vibrant source of vitamin C.
- It contains folic acid.
- They are an excellent source of vitamin A.
- It is a good source of minerals, such as copper, manganese, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
- It reduces joint pain.
- Stimulates appetite.
It is a very fragrant plant with branches and small green leaves.
In our kitchen, it serves to season both salads, as some soups and vegetables, to add to sauces or stew, we consume it fresh or dried. Its most recognized benefits are:
- It helps us to relieve states of digestive discomfort.
- It helps us reduce gases.
- It favors the expulsion of the famous intestinal worms.
- It is a plant with a bitter and spicy taste, thanks to this, gastric juices stimulated, and appetite awakened.
- It is used as a support for people who smoke and thus be able to distance them from this addiction.
- In many pregnant or lactating women, it serves to favor milk production.
- This herb helps mitigate the headache.
In many regions, basil is used fresh, especially in salads, to take advantage of all the benefits it has.Español