Why is it characterized in baguette bread?
Baguette bread, which in French is literally 'wand,' is a bread that is characterized by using wheat flour for its elaboration, for being a bread much longer than full and also because its crust is crunchy.
The essential ingredients for the preparation of this baguette are the strength flour, water, salt and fresh yeast, simple ingredients with which we can create a delicious bread.
What is strength flour?
It is widespread to find in all the baguette bread recipes that the famous strength flour is in its ingredients, but many times we do not know what it is or because it differs from regular flour.
When we talk about flour, we mean wheat flour that is high in gluten. This flour is used in its preparation since the gluten must be strong, that is, a lot of strength, for the dough to rise. If a looser dough used, this bread would not have the desired volume.
What are the advantages of using this flour?
Using this flour can bring us many advantages, including that the doughs are more comfortable to work since they are less sticky. The strength of this flour compensates for a lousy kneading; It helps us to make the bread rise more efficiently and also withstands the long fermentation that gives the bread a lot of flavors.
Undoubtedly this is one of the most recognized breads worldwide and worth preparing at home, and once ready, enjoy it to the fullest. A recipe full of flavor so is encouraged to make baguette or French bread. Let's cook.
I recommend you prepare milk bread or chicken sandwich.Receta original en Español
- 500 g of force flour.
- 300 g of water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh yeast
- Sift the flour. We do this with the help of a strainer.
- Once screened, mix it with 240 ml of water and salt. Knead well until you get a homogeneous mixture with the dough to make a ball.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and cover it with a cloth. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the fresh yeast to the remaining 60 ml of water and the sugar in a glass or bowl and let stand for 15 minutes in a warm place. After the resting time, add the yeast mixture with the water to the dough and knead again. Let stand covered with a cloth in a dry and warm place for about 2 hours.
- After this time, divide the meat into two equal balls, add a little flour on a flat surface, knead the dough with a rolling pin, flattening it, and preventing air bubbles from forming.
- Stretch to achieve a rectangular size of 25 long x 20 cm wide.
- Spiral up the longest part, squeezing the end a little to seal the roll, thus forming the bar. Do the same with the other half of the dough.
- Make cuts on the top of the baguette and let stand again for about 25 minutes in a dry place.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, line a tray with vegetable paper, place the baguettes on the paper and bake about 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Leave a Reply