Beans are part of our most essential recipes, such as the famous paisa tray. Traditionally a tasty dish accompanied by rice and meat. They form an exquisite lunch.
Meatless Beans Soup Recipe
This recipe for beans soup without meat is essential Colombian cuisine. In the same way, you can also prepare it with beef, but most of the housewives prepare this food in this way. The beef fried to accompany this dish separately.
On the other hand, this recipe can also prepare without plantain. It is you who decides if you use banana and potato or only potato or only plantains, in the same way, these beans will be delicious.
- 1/2 pound beans
- 2 green plantains (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 potatoes (cut into small pieces (Optional))
- 2 scallions or 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1 sprig of coriander chopped
- 1/2 bouillon cube
- Salt to taste
- Let the beans soak the night before in water to the weather, so that they absorb water and make cooking easier.
- Add the beans to the pressure cooker with enough water, bring to medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the plantains, the potato (if you use it), the onion, the tomato, the carrot, the coriander, bouillon cube, and salt to the pleasure, to the pressure cooker.
- Verify that you have enough water in a pot, it is possible that during the cooking process, the water has reduced, if so, add enough and bring to medium heat for half an hour.
- Let the pot stand before uncovering it.
- Serve with rice, fried meat, and slices of ripe plantain.