An alcoholic beverage that is served hot and consumed in the mountainous and cold areas of Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and northern Argentina is known as canelazo. Its amber color characterizes it.
The word canelazo comes from the Spanish word cinnamon. The reason why it was called that is that the main ingredient of this recipe is cinnamon, and the first perception when receiving this drink is its smell. For this reason, its name is born.
There are some variants of cinnamon. You can add fruit juice like orange or lemon juice. You can also enjoy this alcohol-free drink, such as hot tea. In this way, it will be the cinnamon flavor and not the alcohol that will warm the body.
The canelazo has a distinctive amber color and a very intense and sweet taste due to the panela and the brandy. Panela also provides a large number of minerals, vitamins, and plant fibers. And, of course, this delicious caramel and licorice flavor, along with cinnamon, makes it a very special and tasty drink.
There is nothing better to calm the cold. This hot drink manages to balance our body incredibly. It is straightforward to prepare, and when it comes to liquor, it feels great.
So I hope you are encouraged to make this drink, the truth is that the idea of a hot cocktail with alcohol is not as bad as it seems, and for those who have not had the pleasure of trying it, cheer up, you will see that do not leave to regret, I can assure you that you will be fascinated. Don’t forget to frost the edge with sugar before serving this drink or cocktail to our guests.Español
- 2 cups of water
- 87 g of panela
- 1 cup of brandy
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- The juice of a lemon.
- 1 lemon
- Sugar to decorate the glass.
- Put the water in a pot, wash the panela, and pour it into the pot along with the cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Boil until the panela melts completely and remove from heat.
- Add the brandy to the panela water and mix very well with the help of a wooden spoon.
- To serve, first, pass a piece of lemon over the edge of the glass. Put sugar on a plate, put the mouth of the glass in such a way that it is uniform. Let dry a few minutes and then serve the drink. (This step can do while our drink heats up)