Cassava is an excellent option to use it in the way that most provokes you; because of its texture and flavor, you can include it in any recipe such as soups, chips, or in the famous sancocho, which is the main ingredient.
Today we will use cassava to make a Colombian recipe quite easy to prepare and, in a short time, the famous cassava croquette. Cassava is part of the cuisine of our country; for a long time, by flavor, it integrates quite a variety of dishes.
The croquettes made from cassava, which the first cook, then processed to puree, salt is added, it is dough to shape, passed through the scrambled egg and battered bread flour to Fry it in hot oil finally. It can serve with the desired sauce.
Can I make them with filling?
Cassava croquettes usually made of a small and shaped, circular, or oval size. However, over time when it becomes popular and to increase its flavor, sweet fillings such as snack, ripe, or salted plantain pieces have added as cheese, ground beef, chicken, or vegetables.
I like it both ways, but today we will prepare them in a simple way and in less time. When I make them stuffed, I choose to use some ingredients that I have left from other preparations, such as chopped chicken, pork rinds, or cheese or.
I hope you can prepare these delicious cassava croquettes following the step by step recipe, they are delicious, and everyone at home will love it.Español
- 2 medium cassava.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic
- 1 beaten egg
- Cumin (pepper, and salt to taste.)
- Frying oil
- Peel, cut the cassava into pieces, and remove the veins.
- Place the cassava, garlic, lemon juice, salt in a pot and add water until covered.
- Boil over medium-high heat for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Drain, let cool, take the processor, or crush well with a fork. Add the cornstarch, mix well and knead until you achieve a dough that does not stick.
- Please take a little of the mixture, give it the desired shape, go through the beaten egg, and the breadcrumbs, sauté until they are browned on both sides, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with the sauce you like best.