What is the difference between a soup and a cauliflower cream?
There is something essential that I want to clarify and that I know that on many occasions this is a factor that confuses us too much, and that is when we talk about cream or soup we believe that it is the same, but no.
It turns out that soup is a dish with broth, which contains several ingredients and chopped foods that cooked in the same broth; at the time of serving and eating it, we can realize and notice almost the majority of ingredients used in the soup.
While, the cream, is something very similar to soup, it is only that in most of its preparations, the ingredients and foods used are crushed or liquefied, making the ingredients used there, more complicated to discover, it is so as the cream is like a liquid with a very creamy and thick texture.
So having this clear, there is no reason to be confused again with the name of soup or cream. Speaking of our cauliflower cream, it is a preparation that I like too much, and more because it is a very nutritious dish that brings many benefits and nutrients to our children especially, but also to us.
What benefits does cauliflower have?
Remember that cauliflower is a vegetable whose main component is water, and that has very few limes, is a source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It recommended for people suffering from hypertension, fluid retention, kidney stones, and ideal for people who want to lose weight.
So there is no excuse for not preparing this delicious cauliflower cream, which is very good and also very nutritious for the whole family. Let’s cook.Español
- 650 g of cauliflower
- ½ onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth.
- ¾ cup of milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A pinch of cumin.
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Pepper to taste.
- Parsley or coriander (to decorate.)
- Grated Par
- Cut the onion into diced and finely chopped garlic.
- Place a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan and stir the onion a little until it appears.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Add the cauliflower cut into florets and add salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Add the 2 cups of broth and boil.
- Once it boils, lower the heat to medium and cover the pot, boiling for 12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the milk and butter, stir and rectify the flavor.
- Let it boil again and cook for five more minutes.
- Now it is the turn to bring this mixture to the blender. Blend until the cream is homogeneous and ready. If it is too thick, you can add a little more broth until you achieve the texture you want.
- Serve hot by sprinkling some coriander or parsley and Parmesan cheese.