We continue with the recipes that contain chicken in its preparation, this time a delicious chicken casserole, a popular dish in Colombia, is exclusive on the coasts, which enchants all those who try it.
What is in a chicken casserole?
In Colombia, it usually prepared with chicken broth, coconut milk, milk cream, some vegetables, and spices, which make this dish very comforting, satisfying, and delicious when cooking and eating it.
Ingredients used are straightforward to obtain, economical. Also, it becomes a delicious casserole, so it is ideal for those days when the visit or family is something big.
This recipe that I love, you can prepare it at any time of the year. For those Colombian people, it is very normal and natural to eat soups on hot days, because our mothers taught us that. What memories those days in which we died of heat and all we wanted was to eat something cold and drink something cold, but to our surprise, Mom was already waiting for us with that hot soup just that day.
This chicken casserole is something utterly delicious, and if you decide to eat it in wintertime, you will feel that pleasant heat in the body, and you will think it is worth preparing this casserole more often.
A recipe is full of flavor that will be just what we will prepare today, a dish that will delight your palate and make you feel more than satisfied. Go ahead and prepare this chicken casserole; remember those days at home and enjoy its wonderful flavor. Let’s cook.
You can accompany this chicken casserole with a portion of white rice.Español
- 5 chicken pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped.)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 small red paprika without seeds and chopped.
- 1 carrot
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 cob on the corn
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- ½ cup of milk cream.
- 1 cup of green peas
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (optional.)
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, paprika, peeled and grated carrot, cumin and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped potatoes, chicken prey, tomato paste, and broth increase heat and simmer.
- When it boils, lower the temperature and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, and the cob cut into pieces or shelled, and continue cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add milk cream, peas and cook for five more minutes. Pepper to taste.
- If the soup is too thick, you can add chicken broth or water.
- Add chopped cilantro, serve and enjoy.