This chicken pie or pastel de pollo is a typical appetizer in which its dough is made from puff pastry and stuffed with shredded chicken breast, some spices, and vegetables.
It is trendy pie in bakeries or school cafeterias, and it is very common to consume it for breakfast, in the middle of the morning, or something in something on those afternoons in which it is very cold, accompanied by chili sauce or a Good pink sauce.
You find them in different presentations, large, medium, small, round, crescent-shape, everything varies depending on the time and imagination of the person who does it.
Chicken pie is a dish of those worth learning to prepare, and best of all, from home. The truth is that each ingredient plays a vital role in the preparation of this recipe, providing flavors, colors, and aromas that make our cake a unique recipe.
They also serve at the party as a snack, where it can be served in a miniature version, ideal to accompany with soda or a soft cocktail. Although can you imagine a chicken pie accompanied by a coffee or hot milk chocolate? I think it's the perfect snack or something, ideal for an afternoon of friends full of laughter and talk, or to give our children breakfast.
Better to say, from imagining the possible ways in which I can enjoy a delicious chicken pie, it has made me too hungry, so let's go straight to the ingredients to prepare this recipe, I hope you enjoy it. Let's cook.Español
- 1 unit of puff pastry.
- 1 chicken breast
- 30 ml of white wine.
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 80 ml of milk cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- A little oregano.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a teaspoon of oil and add the chicken breast cut into small cubes with salt and pepper to taste. (If you wish, you can do it traditionally, cooking the breast and shredded.)
- Add some garlic and mustard paste.
- Once the chicken cubes fried, add oregano to taste and a little white wine. Let the wine alcohol evaporate and turn off the heat.
- While our filling cools, we flour a flat surface, and there we place our puff pastry. Stretch the dough with the help of a roller.
- Once the dough is stretched, cut in the way you want to make the chicken pie, be it in a circle, triangle, etc.
- Once the filling is cold, add the cream and stir. (If you wish you can liquefy that preparation)
- Now, proceed to fill the puff pastry with the chicken that we have ready, be it whole or liquefied, we add a layer of puff pastry on top of the chicken and seal its edges well to prevent the filling from coming out in the oven. (You can also fry until golden brown on both sides)
- Place them on a baking sheet and prick the puff pastry with the help of a fork to get some air in.
- Bake the cakes at 180 ° C for 15 to 20 minutes (this depends on the size of the cakes).
- When golden brown, remove from the oven. And ready to enjoy.