The chickpeas are part of the legumes and constitute a complete and nutritious meal helping those who do physical activity, in addition to helping you to have a healthy and balanced diet. However, they are not native to our country. They are part of our food diet since they introduced into our culture since the colonization of America.
How to prepare chickpeas with shredded chicken?
The preparation as the main meal is relatively easy, even without having all the necessary ingredients since, like most dishes, you can prepare them with many other ingredients that help to exalt their flavors. To jump to the recipe to see how easy it is.
How to make chickpeas in a slow cooker?
While this recipe is going to prepare in a pressure cooker, you can also make it in a slow cooker. You should take into account that it will take a little longer. Just remember to let the chickpeas soak the night before, this so that they absorb some water and their cooking is faster, even so, it will take you about an hour and a half, until they are soft.
Do not forget to add salt to taste during cooking and half a cube of chicken broth to give more flavor.Español
- 1 Pound Chickpeas
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast
- 2 to matoes (finely chopped)
- 5 scallions finely chopped
- ½ red paprika finely chopped
- 1 salchicha bar chopped into small pieces.
- 150 grams of tomato sauce
- ½ bouillon cube
- 9 tablespoons cooking oil
- Color and salt to taste
- Soak the chickpeas the night before in water to the weather.
- Add the pressure cooker chickpeas for an hour or until they are soft over medium heat, do not forget to add the bouillon cube to the pot, color, and salt to taste.
- Drain the chickpeas and set aside.
- While the chickpeas are cooking, cook the chicken by adding salt to taste and a little oil, in a slow cooker for half an hour over medium heat.
- Discard the chicken and set aside.
- Fry the salchicha in 3 tablespoons of oil for 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- In another skillet, add the onion, tomato, and paprika in 3 tablespoons of oil, add salt to taste, let sauté for 15 minutes, or until its juice has reduced, continually stirring over medium heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, the fried salchicha, the tomato and scallions stew, and the tomato sauce to the chickpeas by mixing them little by little, use the same pressure cooker or a large bowl where you can quickly stir all the ingredients.
- Serve with rice or a slice of bread.