Surprise your guests with a delicious churrasco, a culinary experience that combines juiciness, flavor, and texture for an unforgettable feast.
Experiment with different marinades, cooking techniques, and sides to create the perfect churrasco that will make your diners ask for more. Get ready to enjoy a true flavor party!
Churrasco is a meat highly coveted by people who already know the quality and flavor that a portion of meat like this can offer us. That's why, and much more, it's worth preparing it.
In our recipe today we want to surprise you with an exquisite churrasco, with the best way to prepare it, and above all, the best way to enjoy it.
Differences with other recipes
We use an ideal marinade for this delicious churrasco, this way we bring flavor and juiciness to the meat.
We give you some recommendations, so you don't spoil the churrasco before preparing it.
We recommend some recipes and sides, so you can enjoy it in the best way.
What is churrasco?
Churrasco is known to be a piece of beef, which is usually thin and cooked on a griddle, over coals, or even directly over the flames.
In many places it is accompanied with French fries, some mashed potatoes, salads with dressings, or rice. In other places, it is accompanied by boiled yucca or cooked potato.
How to make churrasco?
To start, marinate the meat, for that, in a plastic bag with a zip or a bowl mix the oil, the vinegar, the soy sauce, the lemon juice, the mustard, the chopped garlic, the chopped onion, and the dried oregano.
Introduce the meat there and cover it well with the marinade, seal the bag or bowl and let it marinate for at least about 30 minutes. After this time, in a pan or griddle, heat a little bit of oil over medium-high heat and grill the churrasco.
Let it grill for about 4 or 5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness and the desired doneness of the meat. Add salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat, and you can now serve the portions of churrasco.
What to accompany it with?
Instead of marinade, you can accompany this recipe with a good chimichurri, you can also accompany it with some steamed cooked potatoes and a little bit of salt, or with some French fries, you choose.
Tips and recommendations
You can leave the marinade for 30 minutes, and you can even leave it overnight, this way it will take much more flavor.
If the churrasco is frozen, you should let it defrost in the lower part of the refrigerator, and you should never speed up the defrosting process in the microwave, let alone try to grill the frozen meat, this could affect its properties, flavors, and textures.
When it is defrosted, please, dry the excess liquids with an absorbent paper towel.
You should cook the meat at high heat, as if you do it with medium or low heat it will not seal, but will harden instead of staying soft and juicy on the inside.
Remember that meat is considered a very complete food, as it contains 9 essential amino acids for the body, plus, it is the main source of vitamin B12.
It provides iron, a nutrient that is able to prevent anemia and help in the formation of hemoglobin, which is responsible for transporting oxygen in the body.
- Grilled meat: a simple way to prepare meat at home.
- Roasted meat in tomato sauce: If you want to add a sauce to the meat, this is a great and delicious idea.
- Stewed potatoes: because why not dare to accompany this churrasco with some stewed potatoes.
- 500 g of churrasco.
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- ½ cup of soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- ¼ cup of oil.
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- ½ egg onion chopped into thin slices.
- Salt and pepper.
- In a ziplock plastic bag or a bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, onion, and dried oregano.
- Introduce the meat there and cover it well with the marinade, seal the bag or bowl and let it marinate for at least about 30 minutes.
- After this time, in a pan or griddle, heat a little bit of oil over medium-high heat and grill the churrasco, about 4 or 5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness and the desired doneness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat, and you can serve on plates.