These delicious arepas with cheese, are that type of arepas that you can find in street food stalls. They are usually places where they only sell this type of arepas. Where the seller takes his prepared dough and only heats the iron, add the arepas with cheese and place them to roast in front of his customers to eat them hot.
From time to time I like to go out and buy some, even to take home. What I love is the cheese inside, well, although the cheese mixed with the dough, because when you bite the cheese stretches.
So if you are thinking of setting up a business of arepas with cheese, I will share the recipe for you to start trying at home and become an expert so you can sell them.
I hope you enjoy preparing these arepas with cheese and don't forget to share them.Español
- 2 cups precooked cornmeal or masarepa
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups grated cheese Mozzarella cheese (coastal or simply fresh cheese)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Mix the two cups of cornmeal or masarepa, the cup of warm water, the cup of milk, the two cups with the grated cheese, the two teaspoons of butter, and the salt to taste, in a large bowl.
- With the help of your hands, knead very well so that all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Make dough balls the size of a fist and then crush them with the help of a plate or with your hands.
- Heat a skillet or iron, and grease it with a little butter.
- Arrange the arepas on the plate or skillet and leave them on medium heat, for about 15 minutes on each side or until golden brown (Time will depend on the thickness of the dough).