The cornstarch pudding or colada de maicena is known in Colombia and characterized as a thick drink. There is welfare casting, wheat flour pudding, oatmeal, bread pudding, and in this case, cornstarch pudding.
This recipe that I like a lot, the cornstarch pudding reminds me of my grandmother, who did the laundry almost every Sunday before going to mass. Upon arrival, we were waiting for a great lunch, accompanying this laundry of cookies, bread, or toast.
When it was not for lunch on Sundays, it was for him something on a cold afternoon; that was his way of warming us, but above all, giving us much love. How to forget those times when cornstarch pudding was my favorite food, and now, even though I have little time left, I sometimes take my time and do it as I like.
Does pudding necessarily have to be thick?
There is a very particular detail, and one of the main characteristics of a pudding, whatever it is, is that it is thick. However, this does not mean that it necessarily and necessarily has to stay that way. On the contrary, if we want a lighter pudding, we add more milk or water, stir, and in this way, we will get a less thick pudding.
It's about tastes and finding the best way in which we can enjoy a good pudding and even repeat. It is a very nutritious food, and when we take it hot, it brings calories to our body, so I insist that it is a perfect option for those frigid days.
So I hope you are encouraged to prepare this delicious cornstarch pudding, and that you remember all the grandma's flavor in this recipe. Let's cook.Español
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 5 cups of milk
- ⅓ cup of sugar or panela
- 1 or 2 cinnamon chips.
- Vanilla extract (optional.)
- In a bowl or bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 cup of milk and stir until dissolved and no lumps.
- In a pot, pour the rest of the milk, sugar or panela, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, add the previous mixture and beat so that everything integrated.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, constantly stirring, until the pudding is thickened and takes consistency.
- Remove from heat, remove the cinnamon, and serve hot.