In this section, we find those teeth that are essential in our kitchen, either to flavor our meals or our juices or that are essential for different things.
Also known as common salt or table salt.
In our kitchen, it serves to provide basic tastes to food. We use it in two different ways, as a condiment for most dishes and as a meat and fish preservative, where salt is added to the meat so that it preserved for longer. In the benefits that salt has we find that:
- It is an ingredient that turns out to be beneficial for metabolism.
- It helps us in the processing of carbohydrates.
- In moderate quantities, it counteracts the effects of substances that can generate or generate acidity.
- The salt helps to replace lost minerals.
It is an ingredient of daily use in our kitchens, which is used in low quantities or moderate quantities, depending on food and diet.
It is an ingredient obtained mainly from sugarcane.
In our Colombian kitchen, it serves different things. In bakeries to accelerate the growth of yeasts; when heated, it has a caramel consistency, to be able to make various sauces, desserts, and custards, to sweeten coffee, juices or drinks, and other uses; in which sugar plays a vital role. It brings benefits to our body, such as:
- The sucrose that contains the sugar, when ingested, is quickly transformed into glucose and fructose, thus providing energy in the body in a quick way.
- Protein assimilation is more effective if accompanied by sugar.
- It doesn’t help nourish the nervous system.
- In children, it plays a vital role, since it contributes to tissue growth.
Of course, we must take into account that its consumption is quite moderate, and this is how we use it in our kitchen, in small quantities.
They prepared foods, their dough made from flour and water, and for their preparation, it usually cooked in boiling water.
In our kitchen, it used to prepare different dishes. We can make pasta with hogao, pasta with chicken or shredded meat, or with some sauce such as béchamel, among other recipes. It is an ingredient that adapts to the diverse needs of the human being, and that allows us to combine it easily. Believe it or not, pasta also brings your health benefits, and among them, we know the following:
- It is an ingredient rich in fiber, which helps our digestion.
- It gives us an extraordinary contribution of energy, due to its high content of carbohydrates that absorbed slowly. So it is quite recommended for children, women in pregnancy, and athletes.
- When this ingredient combined with other healthy foods, be it vegetables, some meat, or vegetables, it increases its nutritional value.
It is typical food, which is protected by a shell.
In our kitchen, it serves us for the preparation of different dishes. It can be consumed either alone or accompanied. It can prepare fried, tortilla-shaped, scrambled, in a casserole, cooked, poached, or pickled. It is an ingredient that is used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and is highly valued by Colombians, due to its taste, its easy preparation. It also allows us to combine it with many other ingredients. The most prominent benefits of the egg are:
- It contains vitamin D, essential for calcium to be absorbed in the bones, and thus be able to strengthen.
- It contains vitamin A and zinc, the ideals to protect the cornea and the retina and therefore avoid degenerative diseases.
- Improves long-term memory.
- The egg produces a satiating effect, making it ideal for those who want to lose weight.
- Egg yolk contains choline, a nutrient that has anti-inflammatory properties.
It is a sweet and viscous fluid produced by bees.
In our kitchen is another trendy and used ingredient, it usually serves as a sugar replacement. It gives us sweet, it added to smoothies, juices, and salads, for the preparation of various sweet and sweet and sour sauces. It is an option widely used by those who do not consume sugar. The benefits of honey are as follows:
- It contains essential properties as a bactericide; an example of this is that honey can be quite crucial for the treatment of acne.
- It is a natural source of antioxidants, which prevents the formation of oxides and thus slows down cell breakdown.
- It contains proteins, which have a vital role in the growth of different tissues.
- It favors our digestion.
- Relieves cough and sore throat.
- It is a potent anti-inflammatory.
- It is also ideal for moderating blood pressure levels.
We are a country with a great variety and breadth of ingredients that favor the consumption, and the elaboration of different dishes satisfies the needs of all Colombians.