They are essential foods for human consumption. Basic elements considered to have a balanced diet. Among them are:
also known as alverja or arveja, they are the seeds of a plant, which grow inside a pod that protects them. They belong to the legume group; they are small and green balls.
In Colombian cuisine, it usually serves to add color to our dishes, and very soft flavors. It is common to find pea soup, or rice with peas, among other preparations. Its benefits are:
- They help us fight constipation.
- It causes us a feeling of satiety, so it is ideal for overweight people.
- It helps us lower blood sugar levels.
- It is an excellent food for pregnant women, as it contains folic acid and is a very nutritious food.
- It delays aging.
- It contributes to the proper functioning of our muscular system.
- It favors the circulation of blood.
- It helps us keep an excellent vision.
It is an essential ingredient in Colombian homes and kitchens.
They are a vegetable widely used throughout the world, they are seeds in the form of a disc of half a centimeter in diameter, usually of a brown color.
In our kitchen, it used to make the famous lentil soup, a food entirely consumed by Colombian families and people. Among its most common benefits are:
- Due to its high potassium intake and its low sodium intake, this ingredient favors kidney function, having a mild diuretic effect.
- It prevents cardiovascular diseases due to its contribution to fiber.
- Regulates our intestinal transit.
- Protects our skin thanks to its contribution to vitamin A, carotenoids, and antioxidant minerals.
- It contributes to our mineral bodies such as zinc and selenium, ideal for regulating our immune system.
- Its nutritional contribution is perfect for those people who are vegetarian and vegan.
Lentils have become an essential ingredient at the time of our diet.
It is an edible fruit, elongated and narrow.
In our kitchen, they usually serve to accompany the famous paisa tray, although they are also traditionally eaten alone or accompanied with rice. It also helps to prepare hamburger bean meat, ideal for those vegetarian people. Among its benefits, we know the following:
- They reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and cholesterol, thanks to its soluble fiber content.
- Prevents diseases such as cancer.
- They provide energy, thanks to their high carbohydrate content.
- It improves our immune system.
- They improve digestion and prevent constipation.
- Help in kidney activity.
It is quite a food consumed in Colombia by most people.
It is an edible seed, small in size, with a rounded shape and yellowish color.
In our kitchen it is used to make chickpea soup, chickpea meat for vegetarians, providing benefits to our health, such as:
- They are a source of vegetable protein, ideal for vegan and vegetarian people.
- Fight constipation.
- It lowers cholesterol.
- They have vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, E, and K, as well as minerals such as calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus, which help improve our organism’s defenses.
- It is ideal for people with anemia.
It is food with various preparations.Español