I have chosen this recipe because it is one of those oldest and most delicious preparations that exist. Although today it is straightforward to find Greek yogurt in stores and supermarkets, some prefer to do it at home because it is delicious, and there is nothing to envy them to the yogurts of the industry.
I have to confess that I never imagined that preparing Greek yogurt was so easy, and for that reason, it had never occurred to me to make it at home. One day, a classmate gave me a taste of what I had done, and since that day, I usually do it in my house every time I feel like it.
What should we keep yogurt for fermentation?
Keep in mind when preparing this recipe, it is essential that we keep the yogurt in a tightly closed jar for the fermentation process, and that we place it in a place that is very warm and where there are no temperature changes.
Are there any tips to make yogurt perfect?
The most important thing when making this Greek yogurt is to ferment it in a container with a lid. If you do not have one, you can use a glass or any bottle and cover it with a cloth or paper. The idea of this process is that the air inside the container is not filtered.
And if you have a stove with an oven, I recommend you leave fermenting your Greek yogurt inside it, since it remains closed and not exposed to drafts.
So you already know some tips for you to prepare a proper Greek yogurt. Decide to make it and surprise yourself with the result. Let's cook.Español
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 natural yogurt
- In a pot, pour the milk and bring it to low heat. Stir occasionally to warm the milk evenly.
- The temperature you must reach is 46° if you do not have a thermometer, insert your finger into the milk, it must be hot but endurable.
- Now add the natural yogurt, you should stir well so that the two ingredients are mixed.
- Then, pour this mixture into a container with a lid, let it ferment for at least 8 hours.
- Reserve this vessel is a warm place.
- After this time, take a cotton cloth that is new and clean and strain the yogurt.
- As this process can take a few hours, I recommend that you refrigerate the yogurt while it is straining.
- Once the process finished, we will have the homemade Greek yogurt on the cloth ready to serve and in the bowl a whey that you can use for other preparations.