The guineo is a variety of plantain a little shorter and more round, it could be said that it is in the middle of the banana and the banana. It is usually confused with bananas, but it is different and more when you have it in your hands and prepare it in a tasty soup.
My grandmother used to prepare this soup mainly when her children or grandchildren were sick, assured that with this soup she helped them strengthen the body’s defenses and thus recovered very soon, it was also common to prepare this soup for women on a diet.
How to make Guineo Soup?
Guineo soup is straightforward to prepare. You can even make it similar to how you prepare a sancocho, just replacing the plantain with guineo. There is no need to do that because we are going to prepare this delicious soup by following these simple instructions.
In most of the restaurant you can find this soup, that is another option to consider if you want to enjoy this delicious dish, where they serve it as an optional dish when you request a normal lunch or the so-called “corrientazo.”
I hope you enjoy preparing it, just as I enjoyed doing it to share with you.
How to make guineo soup in a slow cooker?
To prepare this guineo soup in a slow cooker, add all the ingredients to the pot and place over medium heat for an hour, or until the guineo is soft. Serve and enjoy with white rice and cauliflower torticas.Español
- 5 guineos (chopped into small pieces)
- 4 potatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 2 beef bones or minced meat to taste
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 onion or two scallions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 bouillon cube
- Red paprika to taste (finely chopped)
- Color to taste
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add the guineos, the potato, the bones or the minced beef, the carrot, the tomato, the onion, the 1/2 bouillon cube, the paprika, the color and the salt to the taste. With enough water
- Place over medium heat for half an hour.
- Serve and enjoy.