Colombian hogao is an ideal sauce to accompany other dishes, such as mainly patacones, empanadas, arepas, rice. Still, you can also add it to soups when it has served as sancocho, lentils, among others.
I love hogao with patacón or with arepa, that is why at-home I usually prepare it very frequently, I even like to eat some patacones with this stew, between daily meals.
This Colombian hogao recipe is the recipe my grandmother taught me, since she prepared the arepas with corn mill and by hand for breakfast, and accompanied them with this sauce, almost every day. Sometimes I added eggs that turned this recipe into huevos pericos.Español
- 2 to matoes (finely chopped)
- 2 sprigs of scallions (finely chopped)
- ½ clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch ground pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Salt to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the two teaspoons of oil, tomato, scallions, garlic, pepper (if you use it), and salt to taste.
- Sauté for about 7 minutes or until the onion is transparent, stirring constantly.
- Serve and enjoy with patacones or arepas.