Before entering to explain the procedure for making bread, I want to talk a little about it. Bread is a staple that is part of the diet and diet of many people, being consumed either at breakfast or snack.
It usually prepared by baking a dough, which has been made mainly with cereal flour, salt, and water. The mixture almost always contains yeast (the addition of this component causes the fermentation of the dough before baking; as a result, it provides a larger volume), making it more fluffy and tender.
The most commonly used cereal for making bread is wheat flour. However, other cereals such as corn, barley, rice, and rye also used. The best thing about making bread is that it allows us to play with the forms of it in the kitchen, since the dough is so malleable and can be shaped, either with various molds and kneading techniques, so you can decide what shape give it, either in a hoop, in braid, among others.
Nowadays, bread is one of those staple foods that you can find in any store, supermarket, or cafeteria since, as I was saying, it is essential in human food.
Although all is not good news, bread, despite being a very old food, an increasing percentage of the population suffers from some gluten-related disorder, causing certain diseases, which is why their treatment consists of a strict diet gluten-free. It is for this reason that in recent years we have seen gluten-free bread on the market.
But now if we go into the matter and we will prepare a delicious and delicious homemade bread. Let’s cook.Español
- 2¼ cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope of instant yeast.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mozzarella cheese optional.
- 1 beaten egg
- In a bowl, mix the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt
- Heat the milk, water, and butter and add it to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead for about 8 minutes, until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Then cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into seven equal parts and form balls. Work one ball at a time, keeping the rest covered with plastic.
- Flatten the piece with a roller until it is thin.
- And we will begin to wrap the dough tightly and squeeze the edges to seal. If you want to fill the bread with cheese, you can place a piece on top of the dough and roll to cover.
- Once the breads made, we place them on a baking sheet. Cover them and let them grow until they double in size (hopefully in a warm place about 60 minutes.
- Then spread the breads with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 375 ° F for at least about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- After this time, take the bread out of the oven. (If you wish you can spread additional melted butter) Serve hot.