Donuts or doughnut is a sweet that has been with us for many years, and to this day, it is still delicious and chosen by many of us. That is why I wanted to prepare this recipe and share it with you because I know that like me, many of you enjoy eating this candy and that better than allowing us to make it too.
In my childhood, it was one of the things I wanted most, and that when they bought me a donut, I was the happiest girl. Today, and despite the years that have passed, I still keep that little girl, and I carry her deep inside, that's why I don't stop getting excited every time I go to buy one, and I get even more excited when I have the opportunity of preparing them at home.
It is a special recipe, which we can prepare any day of the week, at a family reunion or a party for children, I am sure that all people who try these incredible donuts will love it. The donut recipe has been given to me by my aunt, who was the one that pleased me most when I was a child, and her surprise every time she visited me was a little box with a few donuts for me.
I hope you are encouraged to prepare these donuts or doughnut. Let's cook.Español
- 500 g of wheat flour.
- 70 g of sugar.
- 50 g of butter
- 25 g of yeast
- 100 ml of water
- 150 ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 g of salt.
- 125 g powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice.
- Zest of the lemon peel.
- Melted Chocolate Optional
- Sweet sprinkles Optional
- Put the milk and water in a bowl, add the yeast and stir until dissolved.
- To prepare the dough, place the flour in a bowl and add 70g of sugar and salt, mix well and make a hole in the middle and add the previous mixture.
- Also, add the butter, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix very well.
- Pass the dough to a floured surface and knead it with your hands until you get a very spongy and smooth dough. Knead for about 10 minutes.
- Form a dough, spread a container with a little oil, place the dough inside, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand at least one hour, to double its size.
- After this time, flour the surface again and place the dough on top. Knead again.
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin until you get an approximate thickness of one centimeter.
- Cut the donuts, either with a hoop or with the edge of a glass. Then we cut the middle hole. Remove the remaining dough and do the same with the rest of the dough.
- Place the cut pieces on a tray, cover, and let stand for 30 more minutes.
- In a skillet, add good oil and, when hot, introduce the donuts. You must be careful with the temperature so that they are not going to brown too much. It must be warm but moderate.
- Turn it over when golden brown, on the one hand. When they browned on both sides, remove and place on absorbent paper.
- Now, in a bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the tablespoons of water. Add the lemon juice and a bit of the zest of your peel.
- Mix well until you get the desired consistency.
- Enter the donuts in the glaze and remove the excess.
- Another optional decoration is to introduce the melted chocolate donuts and decorate with sweet sprinkles.
- Let cool a little and go.