Homemade gelatin is the perfect solution to satisfy your palate and take care of your health at the same time. By preparing it at home, you will have absolute control over the ingredients, which will allow you to create a unique and personalized experience that everyone will love.
This wonderful homemade delight is not only an explosion of flavors and textures in your mouth, but it is also a low-calorie alternative that adapts to any diet. Furthermore, its versatility and possibility of combination with fruits and other ingredients make it an ideal dessert for any occasion.
Gelatin has been considered a very nutritious food, which comes in one or more flavors, and when consumed is very refreshing and delicious at the same time.
In this recipe, you will find all the flavor in the gelatin, and the best of all, natural, with a soft and light texture, which makes this preparation something very delicious to enjoy, either alone or as a dessert.
Differences with other recipes
Our recipe is adaptable to any flavor, that is, we will make it of one, but you can vary the flavor by simply changing the fruit.
It will continue to be as nutritious, delicious and refreshing as the others, it will even be much richer and full of flavor.
Its preparation is very short, and the waiting time for it to be ready is normal, with the result you will know that it was worth waiting for it to be ready.
What is gelatin?
Gelatin is known in the current market for being an ingredient that comes in powder form, either in flavors such as strawberry, pineapple, lemon, blackberry, guanabana, etc., or neutral, which is known as flavorless gelatin or grenetina.
It is an ingredient that when combined or hydrated with hot water and then refrigerated, becomes a soft, shaky, and shiny appearance which can be consumed.
How to make homemade gelatin?
First, wash the strawberries very well, blend them with a touch of water and reserve them. In a pot add water and bring it to a boil, when it boils, add the sachet of flavorless gelatin, lower the heat and stir until it has completely dissolved.
Once the flavorless gelatin is dissolved, add the previously blended strawberries to the pot and keep stirring. Take the other strawberries and chop them into pieces and distribute them in the containers in which the gelatin will go.
Pour the mixture of gelatin with strawberries into the containers that you prepared with pieces of strawberry, and let it rest at room temperature. Then, take them to the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. After this time, you can take out the gelatin, decorate it with whipped cream and a strawberry, and it's ready.
What to accompany this recipe with?
It is a recipe that can be enjoyed alone, or with delicious condensed milk, and that can even be used as a dessert for any lunch or meal.
Tips and recommendations
- Remember that you can substitute the strawberry flavor for any other flavor, such as blackberry, pineapple, guanabana, etc.
- You can use whipped cream at the end of the preparation and decorate with the fruit of the flavor you made the gelatin.
Benefits of consuming gelatin
- Helps control weight, thanks to its fiber and protein content.
- Keeps our bones and joints healthy, as it provides selenium, copper and phosphorus.
- Has healing power, that is, it heals wounds quickly.
- Helps improve sleep, as it has glycine, which stimulates certain enzymes that increase the quality of sleep.
- Relieves allergies.
- Fights aging.
- Homemade condensed milk: ideal for preparing at home and accompanying this recipe.
- Coffee dessert: to vary the flavor, and use flavorless gelatin, delicious.
- Strawberry dessert: to make the most of a fruit like strawberry.
- 500 g of strawberries.
- 1 sachet of flavorless gelatin.
- Whipped cream optional.
- Wash the strawberries, take 400g to the blender, and blend with a little bit of water, set aside.
- In a pot place 400ml of water to boil, and when it is boiling add the flavorless gelatin, lower the heat and stir until dissolved.
- Once the gelatin is dissolved, add the blended strawberries and stir well. Remove from heat.
- The remaining 100g of strawberries, chop them into pieces, and distribute them in the containers where you are going to pour the gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin and strawberry mixture into the containers, let them rest and refrigerate them for at least 2 hours.
- When you take them out you can decorate with whipped cream and some strawberries.