A good homemade oatmeal is made from oat flakes and other ingredients that make this a tasty and delicious recipe, especially if consumed cold, it is so refreshing that you won't be able to stop drinking it.
Delicious homemade oatmeal
Our recipe will have a great balance with all its ingredients, they will be in the right measure and it will not have too much or too little. You will love this homemade oatmeal so much that you will include it in your diet.
Is there any difference with other recipes?
We try to find the balance with the sweet, in this case, sugar, and we have achieved it, not too sweet, not too simple... just right.
We know that many people don't like cinnamon, however, good oatmeal includes this flavor... so we include it in a way that it is felt in the flavor, but without overdoing it.
This oatmeal is not very watery, but also not very thick, just in the perfect texture for the palate.
What is oatmeal?
Oatmeal is the cereal with the highest proportion of vegetable fat and is a plant used as food. In this recipe, the oatmeal is purchased already in flakes and mixed with other ingredients to form a delicious cold oatmeal.
This drink is a great food for anyone, and can be taken every day if you wish, a good recipe will make you never get tired of drinking it, and also you will do your body a great favor.
How can we make a good homemade oatmeal?
Making delicious homemade oatmeal has never been easier, so I'll show you how. Bring the oats, water, and milk to a medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent it from spilling.
After this time add the cinnamon, sugar, cream, and clove, lower the heat to low, and let it cook for about 15 more minutes... But remember, we cannot stop stirring to prevent it from sticking or spilling.
After the cooking time, transfer the mixture to a container and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Take out of the fridge, bring to the blender, blend for about two minutes and voila. Serve cold and enjoy with what you like most.
What can this homemade oatmeal be accompanied by?
You can enjoy it with some broccoli fritters for a very healthy and light meal, or you can accompany it with breaded chicken, which would help to balance a bit between the breading and the oatmeal.
Tips and recommendations
There is nothing better than enjoying this recipe, but very cold, you will love it much more.
Try not to use too much cinnamon, you may like it, but many people prefer not to consume it or not feel it in their palate.
Try to balance the sweet in this recipe, not too simple nor too sweet.
What benefits can homemade oatmeal bring us?
- Oatmeal is a cereal that provides fiber which helps against cholesterol and facilitates intestinal transit, vitamin B, iron, and calcium.
- It provides vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting.
- It is also rich in zinc, this nutrient facilitates the storage of insulin and benefits the immune system.
- It also helps to lose weight, as this food gives a feeling of satiety, which prevents you from eating in larger quantities.
Oatmeal bread: Take advantage of this excellent ingredient such as oatmeal to prepare other recipes.
Oatmeal soup: It is a good time to dare to experiment with new flavors.
Oatmeal cookies: a recipe that conquers hearts, so prepare it, you will love it.
- 1 and a half cups of oat flakes.
- 3 cups of milk.
- 1 cup of cream.
- 1 cup of water.
- 3 and a half tablespoons of sugar.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 1 pinch of clove.
- In a pot, place the oats, milk, and water, and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, constantly stirring with a spoon.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, clove, and cream, reduce to low heat and leave for about 15 more minutes.
- After this time, remove from heat, place the oatmeal in a container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the mixture in the blender and blend for about two minutes. If you don't want it too thick you can add a bit more water. And that's it, serve in glasses.