Making a cup of coffee can be a delightful and comforting experience, especially if done carefully and with love. In Colombian culture, coffee is an emblematic drink that represents hospitality and friendship, and is considered one of the best varieties of coffee in the world.
Learning to make the perfect coffee can be a valuable skill that will allow you to enjoy a tasty and balanced cup of coffee at any time of the day. Whether you prefer Colombian bean coffee or instant coffee, I invite you to join me on this journey to discover the secrets to making the perfect cup of coffee.
How to make granulated coffee without a coffee maker?
There are many ways to prepare coffee, the easiest is using a coffee maker, but it's not commonly found in homes, but don't worry, to make it without a coffee maker, just have a cup of aguapanela, heat it, add the coffee and let it boil, you should be aware that it does not spill over the stove or wherever you're preparing it.
How to make coffee in water?
To prepare coffee in water, you should heat the desired amount of water in a small pot, let it boil. Pour the hot water into the cup, add a small teaspoon of instant coffee and add the desired sugar.
How to make coffee with milk?
With Powdered Milk and Water: Heat the water, pour into a cup, add the instant coffee, the milk and the desired sugar, stir well and enjoy.
With Powdered Milk and Aguapanela: Heat the water, pour into a cup, add the instant coffee and the powdered milk, stir well and enjoy.
With Liquid Milk and Aguapanela: Heat the aguapanela, pour into a cup, add the coffee and the milk, stir well and enjoy, if you want the coffee hot, heat the aguapanela with the milk. Otherwise, it will be somewhat cold.
With Liquid Milk and Water: Normally this type of coffee is called Pintadito or Pintao, depending on the amount they serve you, and that's how they serve it in cafeterias and it's made with a moka pot. But today we will prepare it at home; heat the water and the milk, pour into a cup, add the instant coffee, add the desired sugar and enjoy.
What type of coffee is used in the recipe?
The recipe offers two options: instant coffee or granulated coffee can be used. Both are easy to find in the supermarket and can be of different brands. If preferred, ground coffee of the Colombian variety can be used for a more authentic flavor.
Tips and advice
- If you like strong coffee, you can add more tablespoons of coffee to the recipe, but keep in mind that the flavor of the aguapanela is already quite sweet, so you won't need to add more sugar.
- For a creamier and frothier texture, you can whip the coffee with a milk frother or an immersion blender before serving it. This will give it a touch of elegance and flavor.
- Colombian coffee is famous for its rich and balanced flavor. If you like coffee, I recommend that you try different varieties of Colombian coffee, such as coffee from the Antioquia region, Huila coffee or Tolima coffee.
- If you are interested in Colombian gastronomy, I recommend that you explore other traditional recipes, such as chocolate, limónel tea, canelazo among others. These delicious drinks will transport you to the culture and history of Colombia.
Mistakes that can be made when preparing the recipe
- Boiling the granulated coffee for too long can cause it to rise and spill.
- Not heating the aguapanela enough before adding the coffee can make the coffee cold and tasteless. Make sure the aguapanela is hot before adding the coffee so that the flavors blend well.
You can prepare granizado or Coffee Cake.
- 2 cups of aguapanela Recipe Here
- 1 Medium teaspoon of instant coffee
- 2 cups of aguapanela Recipe Here
- 1 Teaspoon of granulated coffee
- Place the two cups of aguapanela in a chocolatera or small pot over medium heat, until it is hot, add the teaspoon of instant coffee (You can add more if you prefer it stronger, darker).
- Serve and Enjoy, as simple as that.
- Place the two cups of aguapanela in a chocolatera or small pot over medium heat, add the granulated coffee and let it boil for 3 minutes or until it rises, you must be very careful, as it can spill over the stove.