It is also known as manjar blanco or only manjar. The Manjar Blanco is a sweet cream usually flavored with cinnamon that takes as dessert. The main ingredients are milk or almonds, cornstarch or starch, cinnamon sticks and powders, lemon peel, and sugar.
The manjar is a very typical dessert of the departments of Valle del Cauca and Cauca here in Colombia, and that sometimes consumed accompanied by cooked breva or curd cheese. It is ideal to attend Christmas parties, sunny afternoons, family Sundays, or rather. It is perfect anytime and anywhere.
It is a dessert with a lot of traditions and memories for many of the Colombians. The Manjar Blanco was synonymous with time and union, with moments of joy, anxiety, and enjoyment because everyone gathered to talk, put music, and drank their favorite drinks. At the same time, they waited for the moment when the manjar was ready.
When the manjar was ready, the famous totumas approached, and served, each with his spoon sat down to enjoy this delicious dessert.
Today, the tradition of gathering both family and friends to make this wonderful dessert has been gradually lost. However, some families still preserve this act.
I invite you to encourage me to make a delicious homemade manjar blanco It designed to please our families and ourselves. A perfect excuse to gather our family for a weekend and prepare a delicious dessert let's cook.Español
- 3 liters of milk
- 600 g of sugar
- ½ cup of rice
- Cinnamon powder to taste.
- Let the rice soak for 24 hours.
- After the rice has absorbed, continue with the rest of the preparation.
- Bring the milk to a boil for at least 1 hour. When it has reduced, add the sugar.
- Bring the rice with the soaking water and blend two times.
- Sift the liquefied rice and bring it to the boiled milk.
- Add the cinnamon in splinters. Let stand. And ready.