Colombia characterized as a country of soups. Just as they hear it, of soups, since here, we consume them for breakfast, for lunch, and food. It prepares any day of the week, or it becomes merely perfect for a weekend. Soups are always a good option at all times, besides they are light and very nutritious, and if we add meat, such as meatballs, it provides a much higher protein value to our body.
This meatball soup that we are going to prepare is attractive, comforting, rich, and low in calories. Nothing better than a bowl of hot soup to balance our body or that of our little ones.
The base of this soup is the vegetable or meat broth, and it can complement with potatoes, pasta, rice, etc. It is a dish that is consumed hot. Therefore, it is perfect for colder days, for the flu, and it is also very nutritious and aromatic thanks to the combination of its ingredients.
There are many ways to prepare this soup, and the one you will see next, is one of the most straightforward traditional recipes that I have found and that my family, especially my sister, loves. There is no secret. The truth is that it is a straightforward process and with very natural ingredients, which result in a super extraordinary meatball soup, which I am sure, will delight everyone who makes it and tastes it.
The meatball soup is very versatile since, as I had said, you can add rice, vegetables, pasta. Instead, everything is in your imagination, so let’s go cooking.Español
- 1 pound ground beef (pork, or both.)
- 6 cups of beef broth or water.
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 scallion finely chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 g of pasta of your choice
- 6 diced potatoes
- Coriander to taste chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Crush the garlic cloves well with a little salt or chop them finely.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef with the breadcrumbs (if you don’t have breadcrumbs, you can add some wheat flour).
- Add the beaten eggs, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Build small meatballs.
- In a pot, place the beef broth or water over medium-high heat.
- When 5 minutes have passed, add the potatoes and pasta.
- After 15 minutes, add the finely chopped onion and cilantro, let cook for 1 or 2 more minutes, and that’s it. Serve hot.