Meats are the animal tissue that consumed as food or and that, from a nutritional point of view, is a source of proteins, fats, and minerals necessary in the human diet. In our market, there are two types of meats, red meats, and white meats.
The red meats are from animals such as cows, porks, or sheep. The tone of your meat is due to the high concentration of myoglobin. Now let’s know a little about what our red meats are.
It treats different fillets that are very rich in oleic acid, a healthy fat found in olive oil.
In our kitchen, beef widely used, the meat most consumed by Colombians. We can find it in many ways in the typical dishes of our regions: ground beef, roasted beef, cooked beef, grilled beef, fried beef. You will find each of them a different way of elaboration and accompaniments.
Thus, the meat serves us to make skewers, soups, sweets, creams, roasts, or barbecues, add a variety of sauces, and accompany it with many types of salad. It is, without a doubt, a food that adapts almost to any need of the human being and allows us to combine it differently every time we want. In this meat, we can find different types of cooking when grilled or roasted, such as the term blue, the middle term, term ¾, and well roasted. The best-known benefits of meat are:
- It is a good source of iron, an essential mineral for transporting oxygen in the blood, and it is necessary for the formation of hemoglobin.
- It provides all the essential amino acids, amino acids that the body does not produce naturally, but must be obtained through food.
- It gives us vitamin B12.
- It provides us with nutrients that favor the formation and health of the muscles.
- It is an excellent source of protein.
It is undoubtedly another of the ingredients most appreciated by Colombians, and of higher consumption nationwide.
It is a meat product that comes from pork and is one of the most consumed meats, both nationally and worldwide.
It is a meat that also allows us to prepare in different ways; we can make it smoked, baked, roasted, as a sausage, fried, stewed, or steamed. And this is how in this way the meat serves us for the preparation of different dishes, such as pork chops, pork with vegetables, sweet and sour pork, pork steak, pork skewers, BBQ ribs, among other preparations What can we do with this kind of meat? With pork, there are no cooking terms or points, as it has to be well cooked. As for your benefits, I tell you the following:
- Pork provides many proteins necessary for the proper development of bones in children.
- It facilitates digestion and helps the functioning of the immune system.
- Pork is ideal for assisting meet nutritional needs, thanks to its protein, vitamins, and minerals content, especially recommended for women in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- It contains vitamin B6, which regulates hormonal activity.
- The feeling of satiety increases, which means that it is ideal for those who are overweight or have a diet to lose weight.
- The fats that it gives us are monounsaturated; that is, they are similar to those of olive oil.
In Colombia, this meat widely used. We must be careful about cooking because if it poorly cooked, we have the risk of contracting any bacteria. We also take care always to keep it in the fridge and not at room temperature.
White meats are those that have a less reddish color; that is, they have whitish or pale colors when raw meat found. Within this classification of white meat are:
It is the most consumed white meat nationwide, due to its low cost and the number of recipes that this ingredient allows us to prepare.
In our Colombian cuisine, chicken meat used for the preparation of different typical dishes from many of our regions; this meat can be found in an ajiaco, in a chicken dish with mushrooms, in various salads, the traditional rice with chicken and lots of other recipes.
Chicken is one of the meats that have more preparations in the kitchen. It adapts to all the flavors and ingredients that we place in it and excellently integrates with them. Making each recipe with this dish exquisite. It is the most used white meat in Colombian kitchens. Among the benefits of this meat, we can find the following:
- Chicken, being soft meat, becomes an ingredient that is much easier to digest.
- It helps us improve mood and fight insomnia problems because consuming this meat increases the production of serotonin in the blood.
- It reduces uric acid.
- It is deficient fat and high protein meat; it is ideal for those who are looking to lose weight.
- It contains all the amino acids that are essential for the body.
- It is meat very rich in vitamins and minerals.
In our kitchen, it is considered one of the best meats that we can consume in our diet.
It is a meat that is consumed mostly from Colombian places, at Christmas time, where it serves to make the famous stuffed turkey.
However, there are some restaurants in the country where it is widespread to find turkey meat made in different ways. It also found as a sausage, that is, turkey ham, which is used by many Colombian homes and many restaurants. Its most common benefits are:
- It contains very few calories, so it becomes ideal for those who want to lose weight.
- By providing low fat and cholesterol, it is a meat that we can consume quietly without fear of damaging the health of our hearts.
- It protects cardiovascular health due to its vitamin and mineral content.
- It is ideal and recommended for people with anemia.
- It has high water content, so it favors the body’s hydration.
- Prevents cell aging.
- It helps regulate the sebaceous glands, and thus be able to control our acne.