The bread is present on the table at various times of the day, especially at breakfast, as it is ideal for eating accompanied by some creamy scrambled eggs, which can be eaten or tasted with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee.
For the snack or the ounces, it can also be a great option since if you have milk bread on hand, you can accompany them or fill them with something sweet like jams or with something room like ham, sausage, or eat it only with the drink of your choice.
This milk bread, it is quite spongy, with a tender texture, with a golden crust and crunchy with this, I know it will be special to try them and especially to be able to make the recipe itself.
What should take into account for the production of milk bread?
This homemade milk bread should make using baker's yeast, in any of its versions, either fresh or dried. This will give the fluffiness, the taste, characteristic smell, and makes the dough ferment to give it volume. It is essential to keep in mind that we should not substitute this ingredient for baking soda, baking powder since these generally used to make sponge cakes, cakes or biscuits.
Another recommendation is to follow the step by step of the recipe and to patiently allow time to knead well, to let the dough rest at the recommended time.
Can I make another type of bread using this same dough?
With the number of ingredients recommended, 14 rolls of an individual portion could made. However, it can make in other ways such as braiding, in the form of fingers or the type of bread, and when in repo or cut it into slices individual.
How to make milk bread?Español
- 315 g of wheat flour. 2½ cups
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons powdered milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted butter (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ¼ of teaspoon dry yeast (7 g.)
- ¾ cup of warm milk 180 ml.
- In a bowl, add the warm milk, a spoon of sugar and the dry yeast, mix and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour, salt, powdered milk, and the rest of the sugar and reserve.
- Add the egg and butter to the mixture of the already cold milk and beat very well.
- Add the milk mixture with the flour mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Flour a surface and bring it to the previous mass. Knead for 10 minutes until we notice that the mixture is shiny, elastic and soft.
- Take the dough to a bowl and cover it with a transparent film. Let the dough rest in a warm place, for an hour and a half or until it grows twice its size.
- After this time, knead again, cut into portions of equal size, knead in the form of a ball and take a greased mold so that the bread does not stick. Cover with transparent film again and leave the dough at rest for half an hour more.
- Preheat the oven to 190º and brush the bread with some remaining egg or milk. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a hot drink or with the accompaniment you want.