Arroz con leche, milk rice, or Rice pudding, is one of the most popular recipes in Colombia, is traditionally offered as a delicious dessert either after breakfast or in the afternoon after lunch. Colombian grandmothers prepare these recipes to reward their grandchildren because the truth is who does not enjoy this tasty dessert.
Street vendors often offer it by adding condensed milk on top, which is an ideal complement. On the other hand, rice pudding can accompany cookies, toasts, breads, and cheese. With any of these combinations, it is delicious. It is the same as having a cup of coffee or a cup of chocolate.Español
- 1 cup of rice
- 500 ml of milk
- 1/4 cup raisins (You can add to your liking)
- 1/4 cup striped coconut
- 1/2 cup of sugar or 1/4 of panela
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 4 cups of water
- You can sprinkle a little cinnamon when serving.
- It usually tastes delicious when it’s cold or refrigerated.
- In a slow cooker, add the 4 cups of water over medium heat.
- When the water starts to boil, add the rice and the sugar or the panela; Continue cooking for half an hour or until the rice is soft.
- Add the milk, raisins, coconut, and cinnamon. Continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- You must be alert, constantly stirring so that the rice is not going to stick if the milk begins to rise, you must reduce or extinguish the fire. The important thing is that the rice will not be glassy.
- Serve and enjoy it as you wish, whether hot or cold.