If you do not know the mute soup, I tell you that it is a typical recipe of Colombian cuisine, to be more specific, in the departments of Cundinamarca and Boyacá. It is a soup too complete and very exquisite on the palate, the only one, but this recipe is that it is not a dish that you can prepare daily or that you manage to make if you have any desire.
This soup contains many ingredients and has very long cooking. The particularity of a good soup is to make it in a pot and let it boil for a long time. That is why the success of every one of the soups in the Colombian regions is due. So it is ideal for preparing it for a weekend, where the weather is enough.
This mute soup can serve as a small soup, which is accompanied by other dishes, or it can perfectly serve as a main dish. It usually accompanies by rice and avocado. It is a soup that has several known ingredients in our country and that together all of them in this recipe, it creates a perfect and balanced composition to be a pleasure. It is such a complete meal and with a rather exquisite taste.
I hope you are encouraged to prepare this delicious mute soup, and that you share it with all your family members. I am sure you will love it. Remember that it is the best accompaniment for those cold and winter days.Español
- 1 lb pork backbone
- 8 to 10 cups of water.
- 1½ cups of dried hominy corn pre-cooked.
- 1 lb diced potato
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon color.
- Coriander to taste.
- ¼ cup hogao.
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the water in a pot over medium-high heat. Add salt, pepper, cumin, color, and pork spine. Let it boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 35 minutes.
- After this time, add the potato, corn, thyme, and hogao, stir and let cook for 20 more minutes.
- Add the finely chopped coriander and serve immediately.