What rice to use for parmesan rice?
This recipe is delicious, very fast, inexpensive, and straightforward to prepare. Its ingredients are fundamental, and the rice is the same that we use at home daily.
I know how difficult it can sometimes result in the kitchen to define what to prepare because I have brought this quite simple option. As its name says, it is rice that has Parmesan, that is, cheese, and as this is the main ingredient, my recommendation is that you get a good one so that it gives all that delicious flavor to our rice.
What are the ingredients to prepare this Parmesan rice?
This recipe is fundamental, and with easily accessible ingredients, since all we need is rice, garlic, onion, salt, ham, bacon, and Parmesan cheese. These ingredients are mostly at home, and if you don't have them, they are easy to find in stores and supermarkets.
It is rice that we can serve with roast chicken, with any meat, some salad, or with the companion that you like, because this recipe of Parmesan rice, easily accommodates the different flavors that we have in the kitchen.
I assure you that it will be a preparation that you will love to the fullest and that you will undoubtedly want to prepare it on another occasion. You can serve this Parmesan rice in a regular dinner or incorporate it into a menu of parties or meetings, and despite its simplicity, you will surprise with its result.
I hope you don't think about it anymore and that you will accompany us in the preparation of this beautiful Parmesan rice. Let's cook.Español
- 500 g of white rice
- 2 cups meat broth or water
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 350 g of Parmesan cheese
- 150 g of ham
- 150 g of bacon
- In a pot, place a little oil and add the onion finely chopped and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes and then add the rice.
- Pearl another few minutes, stirring so that it does not stick or burn.
- Then add the meat broth or water, salt, and pepper and let it boil over high heat without covering the pot.
- Once the water has dried, reduce the heat, and cover the pot, let cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- At this point, decide if you incorporate the ham and bacon in raw or if you want to fry it a bit. If you choose the last option, add the ham and bacon in a skillet and sauté for a few minutes.
- Once the rice is ready, release the rice with a fork, and proceed to add the Parmesan cheese, bacon, and ham. Stir so that all the ingredients are integrated and ready.
- You can serve and sprinkle another bit of Parmesan cheese.