The pastel Gloria characterized by being a puff pastry that contains guava paste, better known as a sandwich, and sometimes they also add cheese, which is sprinkled with generally granulated sugar.
This cake is trendy in Colombia. Quite wanted by its inhabitants and found in most bakeries in the city. A cake that you can eat at any time of the year, anytime, anywhere.
Over time it has become one of my favorites, because the combination of the sandwich with the cheese is a flavor that I cannot resist, and if you dare to prepare it and try it, I'm sure it will become very Soon in one of your favorite cakes.
Several years ago, on a visit to Medellin, we entered a cafeteria, I asked for cold milo, and I remember pointing out candy, I didn't know his name. Still, when I tried it, I was delighted, there are no words to describe the sensation that causes the taste of this Gloria cake, and that is where my need to learn how to prepare this delicious cake is born. After that, after several months, I dared to do it, and so far, I do not regret it.
So if you are a fan of the guava paste or cheese, then it is time to try a delicious Pastel Gloria, it is worth making this recipe, quick and easy but with an incredible result. Cheer up and prepare it at home, and if you want you can change the guava paste for arequipe, it will also be delicious, you decide. Let's cook.
Recipes recommended: Sweet round bread or meringue sighs.Receta original en Español
- 1 pkg package of puff pastry
- .75 cup Guava paste to taste
- .5 cup Mozzarella cheese to taste
- 4 ounces of arequipe optional.
- 1 piece beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon Granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Flour a flat surface. Place the puff pastry on that surface.
- Also, flour the top of the dough and stretch the dough until thin.
- Use a cookie cutter, or with a circular shaped element, cut 20 to 24 and spread the edges of each circle with the egg.
- In the center of each circle, place one slice of guava paste, one slice of cheese, and ½ tablespoon of arequipe.
- Place another circle on top to enclose our fill.
- Close the edges with the help of your fingers and perform the same procedure with all cakes.
- On a tray lined with parchment paper, place all the cakes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- After this time, remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with granulated sugar.
- Let the cakes cool a little and serve hot or at room temperature.
Leave a Reply