Pineapple is a food known for its fantastic flavor, and it's used in many recipes, including pineapple juice. Making it is very straightforward, and enjoying it is even more delightful.
There are many juice recipes out there, but none quite like a good traditional, delicious pineapple juice. It's unique and easy to prepare. With us, you'll learn to make it in less than 5 minutes.
Differences from other recipes
Making pineapple juice is highly nutritious for our health, and this recipe is perfect for indulging in its benefits.
We offer some options for adding to your pineapple juice, allowing you to switch it up whenever you desire.
You can even use the pineapple rind for another popular drink. We'll explain which one later.
What is pineapple?
Pineapple is a fleshy, edible fruit from a tropical plant with long, spiky leaves. When ripe, the pulp is firm yet flexible, and the leaves can be pulled off with a strong tug.
It can be used in desserts, salads, sauces, yogurts, ice creams, jams, and more. You can even make cocktails and juices. It's a versatile ingredient in the kitchen.
How to make pineapple juice?
Preparing this pineapple juice is simple. Start by peeling the pineapple. First, remove the crown. Then, using a knife, begin to peel off the skin. Be careful not to cut or hurt yourself, as this can be a bit tricky.
Once peeled, chop the pineapple into pieces and add it to the blender with sugar, water, and ice. Blend for a minute until everything is well combined.
After blending, strain the juice to remove any remaining fibers. Pour the juice into glasses and enjoy a refreshing pineapple drink.
What to pair or combine with?
You can have this juice with anything from breakfast to lunch and dinner. It pairs well with various flavors, like beans, stew, omelette, and more.
Combine this juice with ripe mango to create a delicious smoothie for a special meal.
You can also blend it with green apple and ginger, making a green juice ideal for weight loss.
Another green juice option is to mix it with cucumber and celery. You'll love it!
Tips and recommendations
Often, there's no need to add sugar since some pineapples are naturally sweet, providing the juice with its own sweetness. It's recommended to taste the pineapple first, so you know whether to add sugar.
Don't throw away the pineapple rind. Wash it, cook it with water and a cinnamon stick until boiling, and drink this water for weight loss.
Benefits of pineapple
- Pineapple is a fruit with diuretic and detoxifying properties.
- It contains vitamins B1, B6, and C, as well as minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, and manganese. These contribute to a healthy body and mind.
- Pineapple is low in calories, making it ideal for those on a diet.
- It also reduces cholesterol levels, thus reducing the chances of heart-related diseases.
- Piña colada: An exclusive way to enjoy a pineapple cocktail at home.
- Hawaiian sandwich: Perfect for a snack or dinner.
- Colombian chicha: Make the most of pineapple in this traditional Colombian drink.
- 500 g of peeled and chopped pineapple.
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 cup of ice.
- Sugar to taste.
- Blend the pineapple with the water, sugar, and ice for one minute until everything is well combined.
- Pour the juice into a pitcher, straining it to remove any remaining fibers.
- Serve in glasses and enjoy.