Grilled meat in tomato sauce is an excellent option for those who want to enjoy a tasty and comforting dinner. The combination of tender, juicy beef with a rich, flavorful tomato sauce is simply irresistible.
With just a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can prepare this recipe in no time. If you want to delight your guests or simply enjoy a delicious dinner, keep reading to learn the secrets of this amazing grilled meat in tomato sauce recipe.
We can prepare meat in a thousand ways, and a clear example is this recipe, in which we will prepare a delicious grilled meat in tomato sauce, the ingredients are common which you can find in your fridge.
You can accompany this recipe with dry rice and pea soup, I hope you enjoy it and it turns out very delicious.
How can I ensure the meat is tender and juicy?
To ensure the meat is tender and juicy, it's important to choose a suitable and quality cut of meat. In this case, you can use beef steaks, but you can also opt for cuts like tenderloin or skirt steak.
It's also recommended not to overcook the meat and remove it from the heat when it's at the desired point of cooking. If you prefer more tender meat, you can marinate it before cooking with ingredients such as vinegar, lemon juice or red wine.
What other ingredients can I add?
The tomato sauce is an excellent base to add other ingredients and give more flavor to the recipe. You can include bell peppers, carrots, chilies, mushrooms or any other vegetable you like. You can also add fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley or thyme for a touch of freshness.
How can I avoid the sauce being too liquid?
If the tomato sauce is too liquid, you can add a tablespoon of cornstarch diluted in cold water to thicken it. You can also let the sauce cook for a longer time over low heat so it reduces and thickens naturally.
What side dish do you recommend for the grilled meat?
Grilled meat in tomato sauce is delicious accompanied by white rice or baked potatoes. You can also include a fresh salad to balance the flavor.
How can I make the sauce have a more intense flavor?
To intensify the flavor of the tomato sauce, you can roast the tomatoes and onion before adding them to the recipe. You can also add a tablespoon of tomato paste to give it a more concentrated flavor.
Tips and advice
- To make the meat more tender, it is recommended to let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it. This will allow the juices to redistribute and the meat to remain juicier.
- You can use a grill or barbecue instead of a frying pan to give the meat a smoky flavor.
- If you want a spicier sauce, you can include chilies in the recipe.
- Cooking the meat at high heat can cause it to burn on the outside and remain raw on the inside.
- Adding too much liquid to the sauce can make it too liquid and lose flavor.
- Not seasoning the meat and sauce properly can make the recipe taste bland. It's important to taste and adjust the amount of salt and spices according to your taste.
If you like grilled meat in tomato sauce, I recommend you try other Colombian recipes like sudado de carne (meat stew) or , which share some ingredients and cooking techniques similar to grilled meat in tomato sauce. Both are delicious and nutritious options for any occasion. Bon appetit!
- 2 beef steaks
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 long onion sprig (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 3 crushed peppercorns
- ½ glass of water
- Salt to taste.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the water, portions of meat, tomato, onion, garlic, pepper, and salt to taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until the sauce has reduced almost completely.
- Serve and enjoy.
Remember that in this blog, you can find the traditional recipe for grilled beef.