There are many salads, but there is nothing like a well-prepared Russian salad or Olivier salad, it is such a traditional recipe, that I dare to say that most people know how to prepare it. For those people who still do not know it, here we will show you how to make from this recipe a delicious salad.
In each country and depending on the culinary tradition of each region, this Russian salad can carry various ingredients. In some countries, they add chicken, tuna, pickles, bits of cooked ham, and other ingredients. I can suggest this recipe for an afternoon of the picnic. It is also widespread in celebrations as an appetizer.
Now I will talk about the quality of its ingredients and its portions; the truth is that the cooking point of each of the vegetables is essential when making it, it must be the right time for them to be well cooked without being they will undo us. And another critical factor that must take into account is the amount of mayonnaise that will be used in the Russian salad since, by excess or lack thereof, our salad can be affected.
Now I realize that I have been eating this Russian salad since I was little because whenever I went to visit my grandmother, during my vacation at home, I used to serve that salad at least 1 or 2 times. Without a doubt, this salad is delicious, so let’s prepare it.Español
- For the dressing.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of milk cream
- ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- For the base of the salad.
- 2 cups carrot
- 7 potatoes
- 1 cup cooked green peas.
- 3 tablespoons onion finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped.
- On a board, cut the carrots and potatoes into small cubes.
- Place a pot with water over medium heat and add the carrot for 10 minutes, drain and reserve.
- In another pot with water over medium heat, cook the potatoes for 20 minutes, drain and reserve.
- Now, in a salad bowl, add the potato and carrot cubes, well-drained and cold.
- Add the onion pieces, the green peas, and stir everything very well.
- For the sauce, mix the mayonnaise and milk cream in a cup, squeeze the lemon juice and add to the cup. Add the salt and pepper to taste and the teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir the contents of the cup and add to our salad.
- Add the parsley, stir again, rectify the flavor. And ready!