Imagine the roar of the ocean, a gentle salty breeze playing with your hair, while your feet sink slightly into the warm sand! This is the natural setting of shrimp ceviche, a delightful dish that not only awakens the senses but also takes your palate to the shimmering coasts of Peru, Mexico, or Ecuador. Every bite of this dish is a meld of fresh and vibrant flavors; juicy shrimp marinated in tangy lime juice, complemented by the crunch of onion, the heat of chilies, and the softness of cilantro.
But shrimp ceviche is not just a dish; it's an experience. A journey through the history and culture of coastal communities that have perfected this recipe over centuries. A dish that speaks of the skilled hands of fishermen and local markets brimming with fresh, vibrant ingredients.
So, we invite you to try our shrimp ceviche. It's not merely a starter but a culinary journey that will transport you to lush, sunlit beaches, offering you an authentic and exceptional taste. And who knows, you might find yourself yearning for the gentle touch of the sun and the soft murmur of the sea. Dive into this flavor adventure with our shrimp ceviche!
The traditional shrimp ceviche is a typical recipe of the Caribbean and Pacific coasts, where tasting this typical dish is very traditional. It's enjoyed by both tourists and locals.
The delightful taste of shrimp ceviche
In this recipe, the star is undoubtedly the perfectly cooked shrimp, accompanied by other ingredients, making this recipe sweet, tangy, creamy, and delicious. I'm sure you'll love it from the first bite.
What sets this shrimp ceviche apart from other recipes?
We start by giving our shrimp the exact cooking point needed for the recipe, nothing more, nothing less.
We use the necessary ingredients to create the perfect, most delicious recipe you may ever taste.
We ensure that each ingredient is used in the right amount, so the meal doesn't feel too heavy afterward, which often happens.
What is ceviche?
Ceviche is a dish consisting of marinated meat, usually fish or seafood, always mixed with citrus seasonings. Essential ingredients include red onion, cilantro, and lime.
These ingredients are the foundation of a good shrimp ceviche, essential for imparting the perfect flavor. It's a typical recipe that you shouldn't miss preparing and tasting at home.
How to prepare shrimp ceviche?
Firstly, wash and clean the shrimp thoroughly. Cook them in boiling water; small ones for 3 minutes, medium ones for 5 minutes, and large ones for 6 minutes or slightly longer. Once cooked, drain them.
Chop the red onion thinly, dice the tomato, and chop the cilantro. Halve the lime and extract the juice, and do the same with the oranges.
In a large bowl, mix all these ingredients, add tomato sauce, salt, and pepper, and mix gently so everything combines. Let it sit for about 20 minutes before eating to enhance the flavors. And it's ready.
What's the perfect side for this ceviche?
The best crunchy addition to enjoy with this dish can be green plantain chips, salted crackers, or homemade large patacones (fried green plantains). Ideally, savor the ceviche in whichever way you prefer.
Tips and suggestions
- Be very attentive to the cooking time of the shrimp, as the success of the recipe depends on it.
- Once the recipe is prepared, let it sit for at least 20 minutes, the longer, the better. This will ensure every ingredient contributes its flavor, allowing you to enjoy the dish to the fullest.
What are the benefits of consuming this recipe?
- Firstly, it delights our taste buds from the very first bite. It's so delicious; you won't stop eating.
- Shrimp is a source of vitamin B12, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, zinc, and other nutrients that help keep neurons and blood cells healthy.
- Shrimp ceviche is a very natural dish. Think of the myriad of benefits it can offer, from the shrimp to the lime and cilantro.
- Patacones: Often paired with shrimp ceviche.
- Coconut rice: Another traditional coastal dish that is delicious.
- Lemonade: A refreshing accompaniment for a hot day.
- 2 pounds of shrimp.
- ½ cup of red onion thinly sliced.
- ½ cup of tomato diced.
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro.
- 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Juice of 1 lime.
- Juice of 2 oranges.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Meanwhile, wash and clean the shrimp thoroughly. Once the water is boiling, add the shrimp and cook. Remember, if they are small, cook for about 3 minutes, if medium for about 4 and a half minutes, and if large, for about 6 minutes. After this time, remove from heat and drain.
- Chop the onion, tomato, and extract the juice from the orange and lime. Also, chop the cilantro.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, add the tomato sauce, juices, salt, and pepper. Gently mix until combined.
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes to enhance its flavor, and it's ready.