These delicious stuffed potatoes I learned to prepare thanks to my mother, she made them at home once a week for breakfast or sometimes to drink something after lunch, I love to eat them accompanied with pink sauce or sometimes with chili pepper.
Nowadays, it is prevalent for them to sell them in some coffee shops or in street stalls where they also sell empanadas. When I do not prepare them at home, I go to one of these places to eat them. The fillings change according to where or who makes them, the most common is ground meat, but they also prepared with chicken, sausage, or pork.
The most beautiful of our Colombian cuisine is the diversity of dishes that you can prepare, the variety of ingredients with which you can make them. In this case, the fillings are many. You can play with your imagination. You can even skip any meat, to create your own vegetarian stuffed potato version.
I hope you enjoy preparing this recipe for stuffed potatoes.Español
- 4 potatoes diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 3 ripe tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Salt to taste
- In a slow cooker, add the potatoes with enough water for half an hour or until soft. Add salt to taste.
- Drain the potatoes and mash until mashed. Set them aside until they cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix the ground meat, diced tomatoes, chopped garlic, and salt to taste until the meat fully cooked. Add the rice and the chopped cooked egg to the meat. Mix all the ingredients very well. (You can also chop the cooked egg into large pieces and add it to the portions for each stuffed potato).
- Divide the mashed potatoes into six portions and form balls with it. With the help of your finger, make a deep hole to fill with the mixture of meat, rice, and egg.
- Seal the hole very well with a little more puree. Repeat the procedure with the other mashed potato balls.
- In a bowl, add the raw egg, milk, flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix very well. Place the potato balls one by one in the mixture
- In a skillet with hot oil, fry them until golden brown.
- Place them on kitchen towels or absorbent paper and serve them hot.
- Enjoy accompanying them with chili pepper or pink sauce.