Cassava or yucca is a tuber that is grown in South America and is quite popular. This food is the third-largest source of carbohydrates, after rice and corn. It is a fundamental food; it is essential in the world and provides a necessary diet for many people.
Cassava often used to eat many traditional dishes, which also have a large number of properties and benefits for the body and health.
What benefits does cassava have in the body?
If you have prepared my recipes, you know that more than cooking to eat, I like to cook to nourish, and although many do not consume this food, I want to tell you about its most important benefits.
· Protects the bones: Since among its vitamins, vitamin K stands out, which protects our bones and helps prevent the development of osteoporosis. It also contains vitamin B, provides thiamine, among others.
· Low fat: It is a low-fat food, ideal for anyone who wants to eat it, especially for those who are on a diet or need to reduce weight.
· Protein source: It is food with a large amount of protein, so it is good food for many conditions and helps reduce blood cholesterol.
· Minerals: Which allows us to develop many functions in our body correctly. Among these minerals are zinc, magnesium, potassium, and copper, which also provide us with the necessary energy.
· Good for digestion: It is effortless to digest and also regulates us outside and inside, controlling the digestive system.
And as these are many more benefits, it is also a very versatile food in the kitchen and can be prepared in various ways. Now imagine some yucca fries accompanied by a creamy sauce. So let’s not think about it anymore and let us eat yucca fries more often. Let’s cook.Español
- 1½ pounds of fresh cassava.
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt to taste.
- Frying oil
- The first thing is to peel and cut the cassava into 3 to 4-inch pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, place the yucca and cover with enough water, add the garlic and add a little salt.
- Cover the pot and let it boil over high heat, when it boils, lower the temperature and let it cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the cassava is soft.
- After this time, remove the yucca from the water and drain it.
- Heat the oil, and once hot, fry the cassava for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Then remove them from the oil and put them on absorbent paper.
- Season with a little more salt and serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!
You can accompany this delicious yucca fries with tomato sauce.