In Colombia, we have very typical and traditional dishes that cannot be missing in each house. One of those standard recipes is a stew, a typical dish that is consumed daily in different parts of the country. It is common to find chicken, fish, beef, or pork stew, but this time we are going to prepare meatball stew.
If there is something that I have apparent is the combination of the flavors that I like. I know that there is nothing better than combining tasty meatballs with an excellent homemade hogao, transporting us to those flavors of home and remembering mom's The best way.
What ingredients cannot be missing in the meatball stew?
If we want to lean towards the traditional and the homemade, in a meatball stew, the hogao and the sliced potatoes cannot be missing. However, my mother always usually adds cassava pieces and sometimes even slices of green plantain, always accompanied by a serving of white rice, salad, and even avocado.
This dish is a good option if you want to change the menu a bit, it is also a very cheap recipe; With easy-to-get ingredients and if we use a pressure cooker, cooking time will be shorter, so cooking time will reduce.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious menu, the meatball stew is the right recipe; I assure you that you will enjoy this dish quite a lot. Do not think more and come to cook with us.
Remember to accompany this delicious meatball stew with a good portion of white rice and cabbage salad.Receta original en Español
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- Salt to taste.
- ½ cup white cornmeal or wheat flour.
- 4 cups water.
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 2 potatoes cut into pieces.
- 4 pieces of cassava.
- Fresh coriander to taste.
- 1 cup onion and tomato
- Salt to taste.
- In a bowl or bowl, mix the ground meat, onion and garlic powder, flour, and knead with your hands until everything is well integrated.
- Divide the mixture and make the meatballs, about 10 or 12, and reserve.
- In a large pot place the beef broth, meatballs, the cup of tomato and chopped onion, salt and saffron. Cook over medium-low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cassava, and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes until they are tender.
- If necessary, add more water, rectify flavor, add the coriander, and lower the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply