Milk cream or crema de leche is a highly appreciated ingredient in Colombian cuisines, especially because it usually gives a very particular flavor to meals or desserts, and many times we do not have at home milk cream or the possibility of buying it for various reasons, and that’s why we’re here, to teach you how to make a delicious homemade milk cream with very few ingredients, it's never been easier.
What is the preparation time for homemade crema de leche?
I have to tell you that its preparation does not take long, as it is easy and simple, but we do have to wait once we remove from the fire to cool down, which will take about 5 hours or an entire night. That's why I recommend preparing it a day before use.
Does it have very high-fat content?
This recipe allows us to easily adapt it to our needs, so we decide whether we make it with good fat or with less fat. This time, our homemade crema de leche recipe has 35% fat, which contains a regular milk cream.
If you want your milk cream to be much denser then be aware that you must add the same amount of milk and the same amount of butter.
I hope you will be encouraged to prepare this recipe, a very easy and economical option when preparing it, ideal to add to our hogao or stew and make some eggs, or also to add to our desserts or strawberries, and a lot of recipes in which we can include est cream of milk.
Then don't miss the opportunity to learn how to prepare it. To cook.Español
- 250 g of milk.
- 200 g butter (cut into pieces.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar.
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat the milk and butter, stirring constantly until the butter is melted.
- Careful, you can't let the milk boil.
- When the butter has completely melted, add the mixture to the blender and liquefied for 2 minutes until the mixture looks frothy.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for about 5 hours or overnight.
- After this time, add the sugar and stir gently with a tablespoon of a stick.