The beef ribs broth is a typical dish here in Colombia, also known as the “pick me up,” which is made mainly from cow ribs cooked in water with potatoes. It is usually consumed for breakfast and accompanied by a rich corn arepa and a tasty cup of chocolate.
This soup has become famous for its high caloric content. It brings energy to the body and is very soft for the stomach. It helps relieve general discomfort. The grandmothers use it as a magic potion to cure the hangover that has remained after a good party the day before.
The beef ribs broth is quite popular; you can find it in most restaurants since it is ideal for giving us that energy that we need in our body.
This beef ribs broth usually brings me too many memories, especially since my grandmother pleased us with this delicacy every Sunday, and still retains that tradition, it is that breakfast that is not missing a weekend. Therefore, every time I have the opportunity to visit it, this breakfast cannot be missed. That is why I decided to bring you this recipe because I asked her to share it with you, her secret touch, right branches of fresh coriander, a hint of cumin, but above all, a lot of love.
So let’s not think about it and dare to prepare this delicious grandma’s beef ribs broth, which in addition to giving us energy for those Sundays or Mondays when it does not cause us anything, it is ideal for a cold and rainy day. They imagine being able to accompany it with an arepa, avocado, or maybe white rice. What a treat, let’s cook.Español
- 1½ beef ribs
- 4 potatoes of your choice.
- 8 cups of water
- 6 scallions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- Cumin to taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, add water with beef ribs, salt, pepper, and cumin. Let it ring for about 20 minutes to soften.
- While this happens, peel the potatoes and slice them, chop five scallions and the garlic finely, and the carrot into squares.
- After 20 minutes, uncover the pressure cooker, add to the ingredients of the previous step, rectify the water and salt. A place to whistle again for ten more minutes.
- In a blender, blend the remaining onion along with the cilantro in a ¼ of water, and when the broth is ready, add it and serve it hot.