Sancocho cream is another way in which we can prepare the traditional Colombian sancocho, and it is as easy to do as make the traditional sancocho and then take the ingredients to your blender, process for a minute or until you have the desired texture. Serve and enjoy.
But there is also a much simpler way to buy envelopes prepared with various flavors, whether they are sancocho, ajiaco, noodles, among others, one of the best-known brands in the "la sopera" or maggi, which has a variety of creams. You only have to dissolve the contents in a cup of water, then add it to a slow cooker with three cups of hot water over medium heat, for about 10 minutes, and that's it.Español
Today we are going to prepare it in both ways:
- Quick Sancocho Cream
- 1 envelope of the “la sopera sancocho”
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup potatoes diced (Optional)
- Traditional Sancocho Cream
- 3 cups traditional stew with broth.
- In a slow cooker, add three cups of water over medium heat.
- Dissolve the envelope of the “la sopera sancocho” in a cup of cold water and then add it to the pot with the hot water. (It does not require adding condiments, not even salt, because the envelope includes everything)
- Add the diced potatoes, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Remember to be constantly stirring to prevent the cream from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Serve and enjoy.
Traditional Sancocho Cream
- Add the sancocho to the blender (Do not add, meat, or chicken bones). Process for a minute or until you have the desired texture.
- If the cream is very thick, you can add more broth from the sancocho.