Scrambled eggs are a very popular dish in all Colombian households, regardless of social class, this is a food that is never missing from tables or dining rooms. And how could it be missing, if it is such a delicious, simple to make and yet so nutritious dish.
Prepare for breakfast some exquisite scrambled eggs. It is prepared with slightly beaten eggs, which are cooked in oil or butter until they curdle and small lumps are formed. It is considered a dish that is mainly part of breakfast, but on many tables it is also eaten at lunch or dinner.
Is there a secret ingredient to make scrambled eggs?
I am one of those who think that many times in the kitchen less, is more, as there are those who add sour cream or milk to the eggs to make them soft, and so on a series of ingredients that in reality for me do not make up scrambled eggs, however, I have always said that the person who cooks is the one who decides what other ingredients to add apart from the original ones.
Today my recipe is quite traditional and typical, just as we prepare them at home and which I personally love, and more because I enjoy the taste of a good scrambled egg cooked and natural.
It is a food that never fails at home, and our children love it, remember that this is a very versatile recipe that allows us to easily combine it with other ingredients, and that make our recipe much more interesting and delicious, you just let your imagination fly.
How to make scrambled eggs in water?
To prepare scrambled eggs in water, just add a little water in a pan over medium heat, add the eggs and stir constantly until you have the desired consistency. Serve and enjoy.
So I hope you are encouraged to prepare some delicious scrambled eggs at home. Let's cook.
How can I make my scrambled eggs fluffier?
To achieve fluffy scrambled eggs, make sure to beat the eggs until the mixture is homogeneous and foamy. You can also add a tablespoon of milk or cream to give it more texture. Also, cook over medium heat and stir the eggs carefully and constantly to avoid sticking.
Can I add additional ingredients to my eggs?
Absolutely! Scrambled eggs are very versatile and can be customized with a variety of ingredients. Try adding grated cheese, chopped onion, bell pepper, tomato, ham, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, among others. Add the ingredients to the pan after melting the butter and before pouring in the egg mixture.
How can I prevent them from drying out?
To prevent scrambled eggs from drying out, do not cook them for too long. Once the egg mixture begins to thicken, stop stirring and remove from heat. The residual heat will continue to cook the eggs, so it's important not to overcook them.
What other ways are there to serve the eggs?
This recipe can be served in many creative ways. You can roll them in a tortilla to make a breakfast burrito, serve them on a piece of bread or arepa, or add them to a plate of fries for an egg and potato version. Add some grated cheese or sauce to add more flavor.
What other recipe can I make with the same ingredients?
If you have the same ingredients for scrambled eggs, an excellent option would be to make ranchero eggs. Fry a corn tortilla in a pan, add a portion of refried beans, a fried egg, some grated cheese, and a spoonful of salsa. Serve with sliced avocado. Delicious and easy!
Some additional tips
- Use butter instead of oil to cook the eggs, as butter adds more flavor and improves the texture.
- Cook over medium heat to prevent the eggs from cooking too fast and drying out.
- Do not add salt to the eggs until they are almost fully cooked, as salt can cause the eggs to dry out even more.
- If you add grated cheese to the scrambled eggs, make sure to do it at the end to prevent it from melting too much and turning into a sticky mess.
You can also make boiled eggs.
- 4 eggs.
- 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper until they blend together and the result is homogeneous.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- As the eggs begin to set, with the help of a spatula or wooden spoon, carefully stir the eggs, moving and folding them until the mixture thickens and no liquid remains are visible.
- When you reach that point, stop stirring and remove from heat.