Hard-boiled eggs are one of the most common and simple ways to prepare eggs, and they can be a healthy and delicious addition to any meal. Whether as a snack, in a salad, or in a sandwich, hard-boiled eggs are a source of protein and essential nutrients that can satisfy your hunger and give you the energy you need to face the day.
Learning how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs can be a useful and practical skill that will allow you to enjoy this delicious and versatile food at any time and anywhere. I invite you to join me on this journey to discover the secrets to making perfect hard-boiled eggs and enjoy their delicious and nutritious flavor.
How to make hard-boiled eggs in the microwave?
Add the eggs to a microwave-safe container with enough water and a little salt, place them in the microwave for 12 to 15 minutes, remove them and cool them, remove the shell. Enjoy them with salt to taste or accompanied with any other dish.
How to make hard-boiled eggs without breaking them?
To make hard-boiled eggs without breaking them, you should carefully place them in the cooking pot, as if you drop them forcefully, they can break at the bottom of the pot. You can tilt the pot a little to gently place the eggs, they will slide carefully and remain intact.
How to know when they are hard?
Hard-boiled eggs should be cooked for about 15 minutes in boiling water. After that time, remove one of the eggs from the pot and place it in a container with cold water to stop the cooking. Peel it and cut it in half. If the yolk and white are firm, the eggs are ready. If the yolk is liquid, you should cook the eggs for a few more minutes.
How long do eggs last in the refrigerator?
Hard-boiled eggs can last up to a week in the refrigerator if kept in an airtight container. It is recommended not to peel them until they are ready to be consumed to maintain their freshness and texture.
Tips and advice
- If you have trouble peeling the eggs, add a little vinegar to the cooking water so that the shells loosen and are easier to remove.
- To keep the eggs round, you can place them in an egg holder while they cook. This way, they will remain stable in the pot and will not move too much.
- Hard-boiled eggs are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes, such as salads, sandwiches, or simply as a healthy snack. Try combining them with avocado or tomato for added flavor.
Mistakes that can be made when preparing hard-boiled eggs
- Cooking the eggs at too high heat can cause them to break in the pot. Make sure the water is gently boiling before adding the eggs.
- Leaving the eggs in the cooking water for too long can make the yolk turn grayish and taste slightly bitter. Follow the recommended cooking time and cool immediately after cooking to avoid this problem.
You can also prepare scrambled eggs or chicken wings with fine herbs.
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- In a small slow-cooking pot, we bring salted water to a boil, we add the four eggs very carefully not to drop them hard, as they can break at the bottom of the pot.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, remove them and drain the water, let them rest or cool them with room temperature water.
- Remove the shell. Enjoy them with salt to taste.