I am very anxious to share this recipe since I have been preparing it for a few years, but more than anything because, on many occasions, I have bought roast chicken in the barbecue. Yes, today we are going to learn how to make the chicken that they sell in the barbecue, that chicken that when you go to buy it, you find a huge roaster, with many whole chickens crossed and circling.
Well, although not quite true, since these chickens are mostly roasted with charcoal, that sounds great. But this recipe will be very similar since we are going to roast it in the oven. you will not notice the difference, perhaps the difference you will find in the series of spices and condiments that you can add. In addition, you will be the one who will prepare it at home and you will be able to experience various flavors.
Flavors that you will find by adding one or another spice or seasoning, perhaps by sprinkling it on some white wine or adding some beer. You will have endless possibilities to surprise your family.
I prepare this recipe at home. Whenever I want to surprise my guests the best of all is that they love it and do not leave without taking the recipe, I think that from now on, I will tell them that they can find the recipe in this Blog.
How to make Roast chicken with potatoes?
Following the previous recipe, you can prepare this recipe for roast chicken with potatoes, preferably include potatoes in large or whole portions, next to the chicken. Check them when you go to turn the chicken after half an hour if the potatoes cooked, remove them. Otherwise, leave them until the end. The important thing is that potatoes do not burn or fall apart.
How to make roast chicken with lemon?
Sprinkle the lemon over the chicken at the time you spray salt and pepper to taste. You know you can play with the recipe, adding other spices, or preparing them in them. Experiment in your kitchen and find the ideal flavor to surprise your guests and family.Español
- 1 Whole chicken arranged (without viscera and feathers)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon basil powder (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano powder (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley powder (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of rosemary powder (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme powder (Optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 glass of water
- 1/2 glass of white wine or beer
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- We preheat the oven to 210ºC.
- On a baking sheet, place the chicken and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top, add the half glass of white wine or beer, and half a glass of water on the tray with the chicken.
- Mix with the two teaspoons of olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, and rosemary (Remember that spices are optional, you can even add other spices you have on hand).
- With a kitchen brush, spread all the chicken with a mixture of spaces. Remember to also brush the chicken inside.
- Let roast for half an hour and turn it over, so you have a uniform roast. (The cooking time may vary depending on each oven, which is why I recommend you to be on the lookout. If the chicken is at the desired point, turn it over so that it will not burn you).
- Remove from the oven and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- With the help of a knife, cut it into the desired portions.