Let me introduce you to the irresistible avocado salad, a symphony of flavors and textures that will not only conquer your palate, but also provide you with numerous health benefits. This recipe is so easy to prepare that even the most novice cooks can surprise their loved ones with a delightful and colorful dish. Dare to explore this wonderful combination of fresh and healthy ingredients, and let yourself be seduced by the charm of the avocado salad.
Avocado salad is one of those recipes that you won't just make once. Its flavor is so delicious, it is impossible not to make it again. What's its secret? The freshness that this salad brings to your palate.
Fresh and flavorful avocado salad.
There are ingredients that pair very well with others and make a dish exquisite and enjoyable, like in the case of the avocado salad, where we will use ingredients that pair perfectly.
What sets our salad apart from the rest?
It is adaptable to any dish, be it salty, sweet, or sour, as it easily accommodates these flavors and completely refreshes your palate.
We use ingredients that best complement the avocado to create the perfect salad.
We offer some recommendations and some ideal accompaniments for this recipe.
What is a salad?
A salad is known as a dish prepared by mixing various ingredients or foods, either raw or cooked. These ingredients are primarily vegetables, fruits, and/or greens, served cold or occasionally warm, and dressed with a sauce or vinaigrette or even served natural.
In this case, the main and star ingredient is the avocado, which, when mixed with other ingredients, forms the so-called avocado salad.
How to make avocado salad?
To make this salad we need few ingredients, and it doesn't require much effort. Start by cutting the cherry tomatoes in half or into quarters and set aside. Then cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin, and cut into thin strips.
Peel and wash the red onion, and slice it into thin rounds. In a bowl, place the cherry tomatoes, the avocado strips, and the onion, add the corn, the cilantro, and season with salt, a bit of pepper, and lime.
Also add a bit of mayonnaise, this will prevent our avocado from oxidizing quickly, add a bit of olive oil and mix all the ingredients well so that they integrate with each other. And there you have it, the avocado salad is ready.
What to accompany this delicious recipe with?
We are accustomed to accompanying our stew with salad, and this is a good recipe to do so, since avocado goes hand in hand with stew. We can also pair it with some beans, and even a pork milanese. There are plenty of accompaniments for this recipe, and I hope you make the most of it.
Tips and recommendations
- Use red onion, this ingredient pairs perfectly with avocado, if you don't have it you can use regular onion.
- Add mayonnaise and you can even add cream, this will prevent the avocado from oxidizing and your salad will stay fresher for longer.
Benefits of this recipe
- The avocado is a source of energy and nutrients, among them we find vitamins B5, B6, C, E, and K, potassium, and folic acid.
- It contains oleic acid, which helps increase good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol.
- It is rich in fiber, which helps reduce blood sugar and the risk of suffering from diseases.
- It is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, important compounds for eye health.
- Avocado helps lose weight, reduces symptoms of arthritis, and helps prevent cancer.
- Pork Milanese: ideal to accompany our avocado salad.
- Guacamole: a recipe prepared with this wonderful ingredient, which I am sure will conquer your palate.
- Stuffed Arepa: A recipe to prepare from time to time and surprise your family.
- 2 large ripe avocados.
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- 8 cherry tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro.
- 1 red onion.
- 150 g of corn.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- If you wish, you can add curly lettuce to this preparation and consume it as a main salad, either alone or accompanied, thus serving 3 to 5 plates.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or into quarters and set aside.
- Then cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and skin, and cut into thin strips.
- Peel and wash the red onion, and slice it into thin rounds.
- In a bowl, place the cherry tomatoes, the avocado strips, and the onion, add the corn, the cilantro, and season with salt, a bit of pepper, and lemon.
- Also add a bit of mayonnaise, this will prevent the avocado from oxidizing easily, add a bit of olive oil and mix all the ingredients well so that they integrate with each other. And there you have it, the avocado salad is ready.