What is cuchuco?
If you do not know this term or have never heard of this recipe, I tell you that cuchuco is a food, which consists of corn, barley, or wheat grain, which is peeled and chopped or semi -ground and It used to make soups. This soup is very traditional in Colombia, and to be more specific, in the mountains of the departments of Cundinamarca and Boyacá.
In this case, the soup that we will prepare will be the cuchuco soup, a soup that contains meat substance, peas, carrots, potatoes, and other ingredients that make this soup a delight to the palate.
I still remember the first time I tried this soup, I was tiny, and we were visiting where some relatives of my dad, it was like two in the afternoon when they were serving lunch, for my eyes it was something extraordinary. When I tried it, I wouldn’t say I liked its taste.
After that, it took me some time to try a soup like that again. Until at some point we went to lunch at a restaurant, my father ordered his lunch, and I didn’t hear that He asked. And after a while, he put me to taste his soup, without telling me anything.
To my surprise, it was cuchuco soup, and it was delicious, from that moment, every time I have the opportunity to prepare it. I do it since it is a delightful soup with great benefits.
So I hope you are encouraged to prepare it at home, in the most delicious way that exists and tell us what your experience with this soup was. Let’s cook.Español
- ¾ cup of corn.
- 6½ cups of water.
- 4 portions of rib or beef spine.
- Coriander chopped to taste
- ½ onion finely chopped.
- 1 carrot grated or diced.
- ½ cup of green peas.
- ½ lb of potatoes peeled and chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- We must grind the coarse corn, and once it is a semi -ground, we leave it in a bowl with enough water from the previous night.
- The next day, we pass through a strainer and wash about three times.
- In a pot place, the corn, water, rib or beef spine, coriander, and onion. Add salt.
- Let cook for 60 minutes. If you are going to do it in a pressure cooker, then leave for 30 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients, that is, the potato, the carrot, the peas, and the garlic.
- Rectify the flavor, and let it boil over medium heat for 30 more minutes or until everything is soft.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle some coriander.