The arequipe or dulce de leche is an excellent accompaniment for any sweet. It is the main filling for some sweets such as scarves, rolls, some breads among others. It also used as the main cover for cakes.
You can also eat it only once in a while with tablespoons or with your finger. But in small quantities since with a spoonful, it is more than enough.
I hope you enjoy preparing this homemade arequipe, just as I loved doing it for you. Following this step by step, you will not be able to fail with the final result.Español
- 2 liters of milk
- 1 Kilo of sugar
- 1 sliver of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- In a slow cooker, add all the ingredients: Milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Place over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture has a yellow color, lower the temperature to medium-low, and continue stirring, this whole process will take you about two hours or until the mixture becomes a caramel color and is thick.
- Add the mixture to a glass or plastic cup. Let cool before placing it in the fridge.
- In the fridge, you can have it for up to a week so that you can eat it frequently with bread or any other sweet.