You have probably come to taste Maria Luisa cake. It is a vibrant, soft, and fluffy cake, made in two layers or two floors of cake separated by arequipe or blackberry jam, although the flavor of its filling can vary depending on the Taste or craving of the person who prepares it.
How is the texture of the Maria Luisa cake?
Maria Luisa cake, very traditional in Antioquia, you can find it made in many bakeries, ready to be sold. This cake is for many, a delight, it combines the softness of the vanilla cake stuffed with arequipe or a thin layer of blackberry jam; Its acidity combines the flavors and balances the sensation of the palate. It is a perfect combination to accompany with a glass of cold milk or a scoop of ice cream.
Do you crave it? To me, because it is a perfect combination. Its preparation is straightforward, and if you like cooking, you can try to make it at home. And if you are looking to learn how to do it, you are in the right place; here we will show you each of the steps to follow so that this cake is at the point we need.
It is an ideal cake to use for birthdays or family gatherings, even on select dates such as father's day, love and friendship, or to surprise those who love them most.
So let your imagination fly, and let's make this delicious Maria Luisa cake together, also designed to take cravings and sweeten life. Let's cook.Español
- 280 gr of wheat flour.
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 gr of white granulated sugar.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 2 teaspoons of orange zest
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of red fruit jam or to taste.
- Icing sugar or powdered sugar to taste of decorating.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease 2 round molds.
- Then, we will sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add also the sugar and mix to integrate our ingredients.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, milk, oil, and orange zest.
- Add half of the orange juice mixture to the dry ingredients and beat only to incorporate them. Scrape the inside of the bowl with a spatula to make sure all the ingredients are integrating well.
- Add the rest of the orange juice mixture and beat again to incorporate (you can scrape the container one last time).
- Divide the mixture between the prepared molds and bake for 35 minutes or so.
- Let the cakes cool on a rack for about 15 minutes.
- After these minutes, remove the cakes from the molds and let cool completely.
- To assemble the cake: Place the first layer with the flat side up, on a plate. Using a spatula, spread the jam on top. Place the other cake layer on top of the existing layer and sprinkle with powdered or powdered sugar.
- Cut the cake into pieces with a slightly damp knife and serve.