This bean casserole recipe cannot miss at the Colombian table; As its main ingredient, beans are usually present in almost every home. It is typically present at lunchtime or even perfectly accompanies breakfast with the typical "calentado."
Is the beans casserole a version of the bandeja paisa?
The beans casserole has become one of the versions of the bandeja paisa, in this new presentation, ingredients such as sweet corn, pork rind, chorizo, ripe banana slice, and chopped avocado added as a snack. The egg replaced by potato chips. The egg replaced by gravel or potato chips. The presentation is different because it served in a bowl, and the ingredients added on top of the beans.
Is it easy to prepare this casserole?
When thinking about the beans casserole, it would believe that it has enough ingredients that need to prepare at the same time, and this would generate the use of a lot of time. However, this is very simple to make, since beans can be done traditionally (see recipe here) at the same time that they prepared, the pork skin chopped, the sausage chopped and the ripe plantain cut into squares, then they start to be fried in hot oil.
Also, while this process carried out, the avocado can be chopped into pieces and set aside for serving time. As for the corn kernels, it can be prepared by cooking it on the cob and then shelving it or using a small can of which it already makes. I think that this last ingredient brings an excellent flavor to the dish since its sweet flavor combines the perfection with the taste of the meats.
What should be taken into account to prepare the recipe?
It is essential to consider the following aspects to be able to show off with the preparation:
- When making beans, it is necessary that their consistency is thick or that they are a little dry so that when serving the other ingredients, they do not flood or get lost in the broth.
- If you can't find potato chips easily, you can grate a potato on the thick side of the grater and fry them in boiling oil until golden brown.
- The avocado must be very ripe so that it has the right consistency on the palate.
- The pork rind should have a good croaking point; for this, you can sauté it in its fat, placing it with three tablespoons of water in a covered saucepan.
How to make beans casserole?
I hope you enjoy this beans casserole, remember that you can also prepare a delicious bandeja paisa or green beans.Receta original en Español
- 500 gr red beans (cooked)
- 1 ripe plantain (diced)
- 2 pounds of pork rinds (chopped into small pieces.)
- 1 cup potato chips
- 1 cup corn kernels and cooked
- 4 sliced sausages.
- 2 avocados cut in squares.
- 1 pound ground beef
- White rice (salad or small round arepa to accompany)
- Cook the beans the way you usually do (or see recipe here ).
- Sauté the pork rinds in your fat by adding three tablespoons of water, a pinch of salt, and letting them brown. You must continuously stir and drain on absorbent paper.
- In the pork rind oil, sauté the sausage and then the ripe plantain, remove them also with absorbent paper.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet without oil and reserve.
- Grate a potato, sauté in hot oil, drain, and reserve.
- Serve in a bowl or casserole dish a little ground beef in the bottom, then add the beans more or less half of the plate, finally add in equal portions and on the beans a bit of pork rind, sausage, ripe plantain, corn, and avocado. Finally, sprinkle potato chips.
Leave a Reply