Chicharrón is one of the most famous meats in Colombia, and is one of the main ingredients of the "Bandeja Paisa."
What is the secret ingredient for pork rinds crispy?
Like many things in the kitchen, some recipes carry their tricks or secrets so to speak, this time the turn is for our fried pork rinds, to which we will add some baking soda so that their crispy is in a very high point and thus achieve very gradable textures to our palate.
What is the correct cooking method for pork rinds?
On this occasion, I want to first cook the pork rinds in water, and once the water evaporates, they continue fried in their fat, and thus we will avoid the excess of this component both in the pork rind and in the organism. Some decide to fried it directly in oil, and it is not bad. It is only that the pork rind already contains a fatty part, that when coming into contact with the heat melts, so to say it goes, then we would be frying fat on the fat. But it's all a matter of taste if you want to do it that way you can do it without any problem.
Remember to accompany your fried pork rinds with some delicious patacones, some lemon slices, or some delightful arepas. They will combine perfectly. And if you prepare a bandeja paisa or delicious beans, do not forget that the pork rind is the perfect complement to enjoy this recipe to the fullest.
So don't think about it anymore and give yourself the pleasure of eating some delicious crispy fried pork rinds. Let's cook.Español
- 2 pounds of fleshy pork rinds.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- Divide the pork rinds into the desired portions and then make ½ inch wide cuts with a knife in the pork rinds.
- Rub the pork rinds with baking powder and baking soda.
- In a saucepan, add the water and salt. Cook over medium heat until the water evaporates.
- When this happens, increase the heat and let the greaves fry in their fat until golden brown on all sides. About 15 minutes or so.
- Remove the pork rinds from the saucepan, drain them on paper towels and serve.